Yu-na Kim, IFS magazine cover story. | Golden Skate

Yu-na Kim, IFS magazine cover story.

fourclover

On the Ice
She has a chinese-girl ambience in the pictures than Korean. I don't like the way they did her eye make-up. It makes her look too mature. They made her look like those Asian cover model for Maybelline or something. You know how they always pick some very generic Asian faced girl without distinct characteristics. I don't think fans in Korea would be too thrilled to see those pictures. But then again, the magazine's target audience is in the west. And over here they like seventeen year old girl to be assertive and even sexy. Over there, they want shy, demure, and more than anything cute.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I think hat Yu-Na looks very beautiful, really stunning, in those pictures. And she looks to be very happy, too.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thank you for posting the article. YuNa is a beautiful young lady. Love the photos, very well done and natural. She looks very happy.

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
Thank you for posting the article. YuNa is a beautiful young lady. Love the photos, very well done and natural. She looks very happy.

I'm a bit curious to know just how upset her old coach was about her leaving....Well, I think for her pupil's benefit I think the coach should have been supportive about her branching out and getting training outside of Korea, and I thought she was...

qazwsx

Rinkside
She has a chinese-girl ambience in the pictures than Korean.

Actually, I got more of a Canadian than Chinese vibe. (Maybe it's just me.)

Agree with Mathman. She feels more like a western teenager now days to me.

I don't think one can be certain, from face or its make up alone, if it's Chinese, Japanese, or Korean. I'm Asian and I've had different people coming up to me speaking Korean, Japanese or Chinese all the time when I travel :)

bekalc

Record Breaker
I'm a bit curious to know just how upset her old coach was about her leaving....Well, I think for her pupil's benefit I think the coach should have been supportive about her branching out and getting training outside of Korea, and I thought she was...

Well what makes it worse, and what wasn't mentioned in that article, is that Yu-na had only been with that coach for 5 months! It's not like this coach trained Yu-na since she was a youngster..

Apparently, they just used her as someone to kind of watch over her, and she worked with Yu-na on her expression... While they were looking for another coach for Yu-na (they wanted Orser). And so once Orser became available they figured that it was over.
Eventually the coach basically issued a public apology. Basically this Korean coach was hardly responsible for Yu-na's success. She was also a very young and inexperienced coach. There was no way the Korean federation and Yu-na's family (who really make the decisions) was going to want her as the permanent coach..

Enero

On the Ice
I really like this young lady. I can't wait to see how her career develops!

Thanks for sharing!