Totmianina injured | Golden Skate

Totmianina injured

skateskate

Rinkside
http://zhizn.ru/article/tv/9097/
At the Moscow station an ambulance met the participants of the Ice Age show, who just came back from the tour.

Tatiana Totmianina has suffered a serious injury. It happened during an Averbukh's show in the city of Belarus last friday. She had a bad fall on a throw jump and injured her tail bone. Tatiana had a courage to finish the performance. But after that she fainted in the dressing room. The second performance by T/M was cancelled. When the show ended, Tatiana was carried to the bus and laid there, she couldn't walk at the time. The ambulance waited the bus at the Moscow station, once it arrived, Tatiana was sent to the hospital. :no:

Kypma

Final Flight
Ouch... especially if she wasn't expecting the fall, as she and Maxim are usually so consistent on throws. I wish her a speedy recovery - even though some people aren't crazy about this pair, I hope she can get back to skating soon and enjoy it again. Good for her for having the courage and strength to finish the performance, especially if she fainted just after. I hope she's not too injured... :S

Kypma

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I once fell and badly hurt my knee. The funny thing was immediately afterward, it didn't hurt much. I was able to walk and move the leg without any trouble. But 10 minutes later, I was in big trouble--pain, and swelling so bad I couldn't bend the leg at all.

Right after an injury, adrenalin rushes in and anesthetizes the pain to some extent. That probably happened to TT, and she was able to finish the performance. But after the adrenalin wore off, the pain was unbearable and she fainted.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
My husband broke his tailbone several years ago. He had to sit on a pillow all the time for a while. The thing is about tailbone injurys, is there isn't much you can do about them becuase of the location of the bone.

skateskate

Rinkside
I'm surprised they decided to transport her from Belarus to Moscow by the bus, considering she couldn't walk. They had to be sure the injury is not too serious, otherwise it might have been dangerous.

According to latest news, she couldn't walk for the first days, but she is no longer in hospital and now is doing very well. :)

Winnipeg

Final Flight
I'm surprised they decided to transport her from Belarus to Moscow by the bus, considering she couldn't walk. They had to be sure the injury is not too serious, otherwise it might have been dangerous.

According to latest news, she couldn't walk for the first days, but she is no longer in hospital and now is doing very well. :)

Glad to hear she is better - it sure sounded painful.........:cry: