Langlois and Hay Is Starting to Catch on Me! | Golden Skate

Langlois and Hay Is Starting to Catch on Me!

TtonyV7

On the Ice
I wasn't really impress with this team until their Long Program performance at Worlds last year. I'm really starting to like this team, and I think they can be on top soon. They have such a nice, smooth quality. They have the technical goods as well as the connection to the audience and with each other. Plus you gotta love Langlois fire and her Throw Triple Lutz. :rock:

Honestly, I prefer this match up over Langlois and Archetto. Only really weak point with this team are their SBS spins on Cody's part.

Here's their Skate Canada performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLINl_UlVrU

Nice quality. I've seen better footwork from them, but the program overall is a nice package. Thought they should have been 3rd, Kawaguchi / Smirnov FP was a little too fake and fluffy. Plus their lines and posture are not as good as Langlois and Hay. We shall see how they far against the Ukrainians (whom I prefer over Kawaguchi/Smirnov) at NHK.

They skated very nicely in Skate Canada. Better than K/S? I would say yes in the 6.0 system but I'd have to look at the CoP protocols in the scores and see if I agree with them. Kawaguchi had several problems in their LP.

Joe

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I was dissappointed to see K/S come ahead of L/H. To me K/S were very shaky and their lifts did not look perfected. The flow was not there for them. Hopefully, they (L/H) will get more training in and become a pair to contend with.:agree: