Ladies Free Skate - Asada vs. Meissner - Round 2 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Skate - Asada vs. Meissner - Round 2

mizu_iro

Final Flight
It's not even like the PCS is that ridiculously high for Mao. She received marks higher than these at Worlds last year, and her program this year is much better for her. What continues to confound me is how she improved on both TES and PCS from Skate Canada with two deductions...

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No wonder figure skating ratings and fans are dropping so rapidly. Judging controversy #99999998887777755666223331

Ashley Wagner WUZ ROBBED!!

Medusa

Record Breaker
Perhaps Mao went for the triple Axel and had a good combo and had falls at a minor jump and some footwork (or time deduction). If she had a great technical content apart from the falls - the TES seems plausible. And if Kimmie gets PCS this high, Mao can get them too - out of the two of them Mao is IMO more musical and even a bit more fluid and graceful.

Snowgirl

On the Ice
Protocols are up. Mao's 3A was downgraded, her second deduction was for time violation, but her non-jump elements wewe level 3 and4 (mostly 4)

mizu_iro

Final Flight
Looking at the protocols, Mao made up the point for her fall+UR 3A by maxing out ALL her levels save a combo spin and her footwork sequence. It looks like the judges were fairly liberal with the PCS in general (and maybe the tech caller with the levels) anyways so I guess there's no point in reading into the scores too much.

ks777

Record Breaker
wow. Kimmie only landed two clean triples ,and what's up with that high PCS?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really miss the days when clean skating won championships. Those days are over it seems.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Mao scored a 133+ at Worlds with multiple deductions that kept her from a 140ish score. So I dont know why anyone is stunned she could get a 122+ with a couple mistakes. It seems like Kimmie was a mess and given a bit of a gift today though. Great for Wagner however, her hopes to make the U.S World team look alot better.

Dennis

Rinkside
They need to give a 6.50 bonus for landing all triples and a 10.0 bonus for all triples and a 3A. ;)

ks777

Record Breaker
Kimmie was overmarked in the long, Mao was overmarked in both the short and the long...actually, I agree with museskater. Ashley should have won the whole thing.

Protocols are here:
http://isufs.org/results/gpfra07/

I don't know if Ashley should have won the whole thing though. Mao landed a triple/triple. The fall came from the 3axel attempt. Ashley should have won the silver for sure though.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Mao scored a 133+ at Worlds with multiple deductions that kept her from a 140ish score. So I dont know why anyone is stunned she could get a 122+ with a couple mistakes. It seems like Kimmie was a mess and given a bit of a gift today though. Great for Wagner however, her hopes to make the U.S World team look alot better.

Have a hard time imagining Wagner not making the World Team after this one...Wagner has put out the best Free skate yet, of all the US ladies on the GP so far. No problem at all with Mao winning it, since she did hit (although it perhaps should have been downgraded) a triple/triple. And just fell on the triple axel.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Have a hard time imagining Wagner not making the World Team after this one...Wagner has put out the best Free skate yet, of all the US ladies on the GP so far. No problem at all with Mao winning it, since she did hit (although it perhaps should have been downgraded) a triple/triple. And just fell on the triple axel.

I agree with you on Wagner. Regardless if the score reflected it enough this was the most solid LP performance from a U.S lady this GP season. With the age ineligility rules she should make the World team if she continues ont his path.

I agree Mao deserved to win and her score which for her isnt that great was nothing eye catching.

McWicked

On the Ice
If im not wrong Kimmie failed on her 2nd combo, she popped it out, and she fell on her triple loop... I dont know if her 1st combo was downgraded, it probably was.