Which will impress you more? | Golden Skate

Which will impress you more?

Which of these 2 will impress you more?

• Total voters

mirai_asada

On the Ice
Among these two, which will really make you go, "wow!" ? :love:

If these two don't impress you at all, you may say what WILL impress you. ;)

Wrlmy

Medalist
So, Midori Ito vs. Shizuka Arakawa? Personally I enjoy watching Arakawa more so than Ito, but as an element itself, I equally enjoy a clean triple axel and a beautiful ina bauer. If you are asking Mao's triple axel and Yuna's ina bauer, however, it's hard to answer. Mao hasn't landed a claen triple axel at international event since 2005 GPF, and Yuna uses ina bauer as transition into double axel, so, unlike Shizuka, ina bauer itself is not so much a signature move for her.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I would have to go with the ina... because it shows a level of skating mastery whereas a triple axle is more about the athletic prowess of the skater. Plus, Inas tend to get better with time whereas the axle tends to be one element that loses its punch as skaters transition from jumping bean to skaters...

Also, someone tell me - what makes your heart stop faster: when DivaKwara hits that move or when Mao goes hurtling through the air? Another conideration: which has the ability to make you a fan? Diva's signature move or Mao's axle?

For me, its no contest.

fenway

On the Ice
Normally I'd go with the Ina Bauer but I just got finished watching footage of Tonya's 3 Axel & was blown away. Yikes! Not necessarily a "soft" landing but the height was extraordinary.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Normally I'd go with the Ina Bauer but I just got finished watching footage of Tonya's 3 Axel & was blown away. Yikes! Not necessarily a "soft" landing but the height was extraordinary.

Yeah, Tonya's 3axel has always been my definition of the perfect jump... I swear, when that girl kept her head together, she was soooo awesome... whatta waste.

dutchherder

Final Flight
A triple axel, but only if it's high, covers a lot of ice, and has a beautiful soft landing. You know, the way Johnny Weir can do it, or how Kurt Browning did it.

mirai_asada

On the Ice
So, Midori Ito vs. Shizuka Arakawa? Personally I enjoy watching Arakawa more so than Ito, but as an element itself, I equally enjoy a clean triple axel and a beautiful ina bauer. If you are asking Mao's triple axel and Yuna's ina bauer, however, it's hard to answer. Mao hasn't landed a claen triple axel at international event since 2005 GPF, and Yuna uses ina bauer as transition into double axel, so, unlike Shizuka, ina bauer itself is not so much a signature move for her.

Actually, I wasn't thinking about any specific skater executing these moves. The triple axel and Ina Bauer blew me away so I was just wondering which of these two impressed you guys out there more. :)

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
A beauty of a triple axel from a male skater (though it's been a while since I've seen Tonya's) or Arakawa's Ina Bauer are both pretty breathtaking -- I really couldn't pick between the two! :love:

Vodka Shot

On the Ice
I say the ina just because I'm used to seeing men land perfect 3A's all the time. Although to be honest I don't really find ina's all that spectacular, but I've never seen Kwan or Arakawa do one.

Last edited: