Did Cohen Have the Desire to Win? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Did Cohen Have the Desire to Win?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, I guess we will have to wait until next year to find out whose hunches are right...and how serious she is about coming back. I think MM nailed it when he said that she could change her mind if she finds SOI a perfect fit.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
SOI is trying anything and everything to drum up business (outside of allowing a free read of their message board apparently...)

when it first started out they basically scalped their own tickets to get people to attend lol

as a Sasha Fan - I'm hoping she stays with SOI as a headliner for years to come... as much as I love her skating and would love to see her come back SOI needs her and in a way I think she needs them :)

kandidy

Final Flight
Arrgh, here SOI in Japan , cheapest one is like 60 bucks! T_T
What if I buy and neither Sasha and Yagudin don't come?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well the cast list is always subject to change... that's in the fine print when you get your tickets...

the show itself is brilliant every year - rarely a stinker - and I'm sure when it makes it to Japan you will have a great cast with more of the new stars of skating :)

kandidy

Final Flight
well the cast list is always subject to change... that's in the fine print when you get your tickets...

the show itself is brilliant every year - rarely a stinker - and I'm sure when it makes it to Japan you will have a great cast with more of the new stars of skating :)

:yes: Thanks! I will look for more details and reserve it and prepare to eat instant noodle for a week to safe money:biggrin:

Last edited:

JPierce

Match Penalty
Sasha is listed as a full-time cast member for this one. I am just guessing here, but I'm pretty her contract would make sure she could only miss due to injury or verifiable illness. Also, she's the headliner. If she flakes out, heads are gonna roll (probably hers! :laugh:)

When Sasha and Michelle missed their appearances here last time, the competition ones were due to "injuries" and neither was a full-time cast member for the show...

Dennis

Rinkside
Sasha is listed as a full-time cast member for this one. I am just guessing here, but I'm pretty her contract would make sure she could only miss due to injury or verifiable illness. Also, she's the headliner. If she flakes out, heads are gonna roll (probably hers! :laugh:)

When Sasha and Michelle missed their appearances here last time, the competition ones were due to "injuries" and neither was a full-time cast member for the show...

And Sasha and Michelle never skated for SOI :rofl:

On second thought, I see that I can get reasonable seats for $25-$32 depending on ticketmaster charges. I thought that price would be like the nosebleed section. Maybe I could take my mom along and make her ticket a birthday present. :laugh:
Actually, the nosebleed saets are not that bad. You can see the whole ice, which is cool especially on the group numbers. Plus, if there are empty seats you can move down at halftime.
SOI, COI, who freaking cares what it's called?
Michelle missed a COI show? That's very unusual. In the 2006 tour she was so crippled up she could hardly walk, but she still dragged herself out there in every town. She didn't participate in the opening number and didn't do any jumps in her solo, but there she was, front and center, when they called her name.

Does anyone know if Sasha is still attempting triple Salchow and double Axel in her SOI appearances?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
SOI, COI, who freaking cares what it's called? Good lord.

Scott Hamilton and Tom Collins might care...

though rumor has it they're talking about merging the two shows (God, no!)

Alexei is not in this year's USA SOI.

He might still be skating in the Japanese version of the show...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
doesn't he still have creative say, though? I really haven't been paying attention to that deal.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
My track record of brilliant consistency is reward enough. Besides, I don't need the calories.

Um... Sasha aside... consistency has nothing to do with brillance... I'm brillant, but I haven't correctly predicted the t
OGM since Oksana... but then again, I did predict that someone would amuse me with silliness on GS...:biggrin:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Um I'm brillant, but I haven't correctly predicted the OGM since Oksana... but then again, I did predict that someone would amuse me with silliness on GS...:biggrin:
KW, you are always good for a laugh!!!

Dee

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Um... Sasha aside... consistency has nothing to do with brillance... I'm brillant, but I haven't correctly predicted the t
OGM since Oksana... but then again, I did predict that someone would amuse me with silliness on GS...:biggrin:

Here were my picks for the last 6 Olympics going in:

1984- Rosalyn Sumners (I was only 4 at the time but my mom pointed her out and said "that is the most beautiful and strong skater, she will win" so I went along with that :chorus: )
1988- Debi Thomas
1992- Midori Ito
1994- Nancy Kerrigan
1998- Michelle Kwan
2002- Irina Slutskaya
2006- Irina Slutskaya

So I have predicted the correct Olympic winner......never. :laugh: I may not pick for 2010, I dont want to give anyone the kiss of death.