Miki landed clean 4S twice today | Golden Skate

Miki landed clean 4S twice today

sorcerer

Final Flight
I'm quite sure this is not a spoiler, at least I hope so.

Miki in practice landed clean quad salchow twice out of three tries today, along with good triple-triples.

NHK and NihonTV aired them. (NHK with slo-mo too.)

Maybe someone will put it on YouTube....

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Were they landed while she was doing a complete run through of her progam or just as individual, isolated jumps?

sorcerer

Final Flight
I think it was the latter.
It's written on papers that she says she'll save it to triple in the games as of yet.

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
Were they landed while she was doing a complete run through of her progam or just as individual, isolated jumps?

Yes, it would be different if she landed it in her run-through and not as just doing those jumps in isolation.

kittyjake5

On the Ice
Thanks for the link. Ando looks fantastic and ready to go. If she eventually put this jump in her program and completes it how many points would it be worth?

C_T_T_

On the Ice
I think the base value is 9.5 but I could be wrong!
EDIT: yeah thats right!

Hope this means her injury isn't bothering her and she can skate well! :)

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
WOW! that looked so easy. i did not know that she was still practicing them! good to see! thanks for letting us know!

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
my son has officially found a new obsession... monster child quote: she's waaay to pretty to be that sweet! i'm going to japan and marry her. when are we going to japan, mom?!?

the kid is insane...:laugh:

but seriously, that was about the hottest thing ever... did miki ever have a 3a? or did she decide those were beneath her?

mizu_iro

Final Flight
my son has officially found a new obsession... monster child quote: she's waaay to pretty to be that sweet! i'm going to japan and marry her. when are we going to japan, mom?!?

but seriously, that was about the hottest thing ever... did miki ever have a 3a? or did she decide those were beneath her?

She was practicing them at one point, but I guess she decided to focus on the quad instead. And yes, Miki is gorgeous :love:

WOW that looks almost fully rotated, and very light. Better than the one she did before Worlds last year. Hope she tries (and lands) some at competitions!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Gee she made that jump look effortless. And yes Miki is a one beautiful looking woman.

bekalc

Record Breaker

Well, he doesn't have to go to Japan, she does train in the USA....:laugh:

gourry

Final Flight
WOW that's great!!
Thanks for the link C_T_T!
I've been worried about her shoulder injury but she is okay I guess. I feel very happy for her:) This is going to be very interesting!