The Latest Example of Media's Blatant Manipulation Of Campaign Reporting | Golden Skate

The Latest Example of Media's Blatant Manipulation Of Campaign Reporting

netnuts

Match Penalty
The Latest Example of Media's Blatant Manipulation Of Campaign Reporting

There's no doubt Obama is mainstream media's darling. He's running on an empty platform of 'hope', and the mainstream media is swooning over this guy. I predict he will be crushed by any GOP candidate in general election if he somehow manages to clinch democratic party's nomination.

On the other hand, the MSM is doing everything possible to tear down Hillary Clinton. The latest example is the way they reported a Zogby online poll showing Hillary losing to all GOP contenders. All major news networks reported this poll.
It is just beyond belief that these news networks will report a JUNK online poll by the worst pollster Zogby to make a case against Hillary. Zogby has had the worst track record, even his telephone polls are not credible. If you believed his poll, President Kerrry would be sitting in the white house. His online poll is as bad as garbage.

Pollster.com dissects this poll:

Zogby Internet Poll Trial Heats are Odd
http://www.pollster.com/blogs/zogby_internet_poll_trial_heat.php

Even the extremely anti-Hillary leftist kos dishes this garbage poll:
Zogby "interactive" polls are junk
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/11/28/95347/662

While major newsnetworks are touting Zogby's online junk poll to show Hillary is 'unelectable', there's a credible Gallup poll coming out at the same time showing Hillary beating all GOP contenders, but NO network reported this poll. This just shows how manipulative the media are:

The Zogby survey was covered repeatedly on CNN, earned coverage from MSNBC, Fox News, and Reuters and was covered by multiple other smaller outlets. By contrast, I can't find a single example of any reporter or commentator on the major networks or news outlets referring to the Gallup poll at all, with the lone exception of UPI.

If you want to find out the most comprehesive compilation of head-to-head matchups, I suggest you go to this site:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...l_election_giuliani_vs_clinton-227.html#polls

Hillary Clinton has proved to be THE most electable democratic candidate in the race if you read this comprehensive polling data. On the other hand, Obama often loses to Rudy even with MSM's heavylifting. Just imagine when he gets to the general election, this guy will be swiftboated in NO time.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
*cocks eyebrow* they seem to get about the same airtime...

whereas unless you're on Fox News you won't get a lot of info on the 'other team.'

netnuts

Match Penalty
*cocks eyebrow* they seem to get about the same airtime...

whereas unless you're on Fox News you won't get a lot of info on the 'other team.'

The media want a horse race. Obama is no doubt their darling. I am afraid this guy will be creamed in general election by Republicans.

Under normal circumstances, dems will not nominate him. But generally speaking, dems are pretty dumb, and they trust mainstream media more than independents and republicans. So I won't be surprised if Obama eventually fools those dumb dems with the heavylifting by mainstream media.

In general election, it's a completely different picture. As I said, indepedents and republicians don't trust liberal media, so even liberal elitists attempt to hype Obama to God, I doubt he can fool the majority electorate in the end.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I am afraid this guy will be creamed in general election by Republicans.

All the more reason for me to hope he makes the ticket, then :biggrin: ;)

Four years ago Hollywood rallied behind Kerry-Edwards and did the whole 'go vote' thing on MTV with Diddy... it didn't work then... I don't think Hollywood pushing Obama will work this time...

people will vote how they'll vote...

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I'm MORE surprised by how well Rudy is doing within the Republican party - I simply cannot believe that a party who has watched itself get highjacked by the neocons, rove, and haliburton wouldn't be more suspect of a cat that moved his mistress into the gracy mansion while his wife was still there, behaves as if 911 was more about him than the actual victims, failed to take care of the recovery workers and is still running around talking about "let's get them, before they get us" every chance he gets... all without a plan or an original thought... his very liberal politics speak for themselves...

and while i'm thinking about it - does he have any kind of domestic strategy? health care, energy, the schools, the economy, a real solution to the immigration crisis vs. simply blaming stuff on brown people, the growing disenfrancisement of the middle class or is he just focused on "the war on terror." Is he a leader or a manager? can he build bridges and get the country out of its fear or get us back to what makes america great? educate me if i'm wrong, but i simply don't see it...

republicans know that war and agression isn't the answer to fixing the country's image internationally - just like they know iraq was a mistake. republicans also know, and probably a lot better than liberals, that it speaks to a man's character when his kids won't have anything to do with him.... say what you will about bush (and i say alot...) but his kids are hardcore for him (and read jenna's book - its actually much better than i thought and very good present for teen girls)

but toni is correct in her assessment of kerry.... hollywood did tout him - but it was less about kerry the candidate and more about anybody but bush... and i think that's at the heart of the rudy support... less about rudy and all about hillary... let's hope for the same result...just flipped;)

I simply cannot believe that the republicans don't have a better answer for hillary (who is as about as liberal in real life and voting record as my mom...) than rudy... I KNOW smarter, better qualified and frankly, more electable republicans than this joker...

ahh... my fantasy three years ago, was a hillary / condi match up... now that would be interesting... smart people talking about smart solutions... that's what the founding fathers had in mind... regardless of what party you support...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'd vote for Condi

but she's following that whole idea of those who are right for the job just flat don't want it :laugh:

I like Thompson the most so far... but just because he agrees with me more than anyone else lol problem is he just doesn't seem to have that dynamic factor that others have had.... Reagan knew how to swing a phrase... Bush had that jeans wearing everyman to him... and was a tree cutter, not tree hugger...:laugh:

I simply cannot believe that the republicans don't have a better answer for hillary (who is as about as liberal in real life and voting record as my mom...) than rudy... I KNOW smarter, better qualified and frankly, more electable republicans than this joker...

Actually I think McCain will end up on the Rep ticket. Which sucks because I can't stand him lol

I wonder if enough people wrote in Condi if she'd accept... if that'd even work lol

Last edited:

netnuts

Match Penalty
Kwanford wife,

Let's face it, republicans are simply smarter than democrats in selecting their presidential candidates. That's why they keep on winning and winning.

I don't care for any democratic candidate except Hillary. She is tough and smart. Most of those democratic candidates simply don't have backbones... Very weak...

Republicans know they have no chance in hell to maintain the White house except nominating Rudy. That's why he is still standing while pundits keep on writing him off. Republican party is running so far to the right, but they're smart enough to self adjust in order to maintain power. i am not so sure about those dumb dems...

Look, Huckabee is now surging in Iowa, which could deal a death blow to Romney's entire strategy of riding on big momentum generated from early wins. This will only benefit Rudy as Huckabee helps to eliminate his only rival. I long predicted it's going to be a Rudy/Huckabee ticket.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Be nice to us tree huggers... we simply paid attention in Sunday school - the earth is a gift from God and people simply don't take care of it... And what would Jesus do, Toni? He'd climb a sequoia right after he set haliburton on fire... 'cause Jesus was a reble WITH a cause...

Anywho.... hmmm... I wonder if we COULD get Condi as a write in... she'd be a great candidate... but alas, you're probably right. she's too smart to want the bs...

Now, my mom, who does love Hillary, is all about Huckabee these days... she likes that he's a plain talker who enjoys, and more importantly isn't afraid, to take swipes at pat robertson... yup, i'm my mother's daughter;)

netnuts

Match Penalty
Hucakbee

http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politics/2007/11/ia_poll_huckabee_leads.html

IA Poll: Huckabee Leads

Well, it's finally happened: we have our first poll showing Mike Huckabee overtaking Mitt Romney for the lead in Iowa. Rasmussen has the goods (Nov 26-27, 839 GOP LV, MoE +/- 3.5%):

Huckabee 28 (+12 vs. last poll Nov 12)
Romney 25 (-4)
Giuliani 12 (-3)
Thompson 11 (-3)
Paul 5 (+1)
McCain 4 (-2)

Instant poll is showing Huckabee wins decisively on today's CNN debate...
http://www.pollster.com/blogs/poll_insideradvantage_post_deb.php

InsiderAdvantage/Majority Opinion released two new statewide surveys (conducted 11/28) of 1,035 registered Republicans in Iowa and 341 undecided Republicans in Florida who said they watched tonight's debate and were willing to call in after the debate to answer questions.

Among Republicans in Iowa, 32% believe former Gov. Mike Huckabee won tonight's Republican debate; former Gov. Mitt Romney gets 16%, former Mayor Rudy Giuliani 12%, Sen. John McCain 10%, former Sen. Fred Thompson 7%, Rep. Ron Paul 6%.
Among Republicans in Florida -- who in a pre-debate interview said (a) they were undecided about the Republican race (b) they were planning to watch tonight's debate and (c) were willing to call in after the debate to answer questions -- 44% believe Huckabee won the debate; Giuliani gets 18%, Romney 13%, McCain 10%, Thompson 5%.
All other candidates receive less than five percent each

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Kwanford wife,

Republicans know they have no chance in hell to maintain the White house except nominating Rudy. That's why he is still standing while pundits keep on writing him off. Republican party is running so far to the right, but they're smart enough to self adjust in order to maintain power. i am not so sure about those dumb dems...

Look, Huckabee is now surging in Iowa, which could deal a death blow to Romney's entire strategy of riding on big momentum generated from early wins. This will only benefit Rudy as Huckabee helps to eliminate his only rival. I long predicted it's going to be a Rudy/Huckabee ticket.

Oh, I'm not so sure about this... we're only hearing from the "loud" republicans - not the ones who actually vote... and most of the rebulicans i know are nervous about having another president who will sell them downriver. And none are consistant on who they are supporting... which is unusual... add huckabee to that ticket and those moderate republicans who are sick of the neocons just might not bite. And you can erase those indies who wouldn't think twice about voting for someone without a stable family background.

I just cannot get over my opinion that rudy is the modern day version of dukakis... or even kerry... a candidate they aren't as concerned about throwing under the bus... I think the republican machine has written off the white house and is more concerned with regaining control of congress... and as the election moves forward, i think we're gonna see this come to light - espcially if rudy keeps harping on his pro-military strategy for everything... and comparing himself to ronald reagan... which is probably the funniest thing I've ever heard...

Now, the real question is: who will hillary pick up as her running mate? now, that's gonna be the deciding factor... will she pick up obama? edwards?? i'd like to see her pick up an indie or even a centralist republican... now that would be worth listening to bill o'rielly rant and rave... :laugh: 'cause he's a bit special...

but regardless, i'd rather see the devil himself in the white house than see romney... but that's just me.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Be nice to us tree huggers... we simply paid attention in Sunday school - the earth is a gift from God and people simply don't take care of it... And what would Jesus do, Toni? He'd climb a sequoia right after he set haliburton on fire... 'cause Jesus was a reble WITH a cause...

I think Jesus has a love hate relationship with trees... something about a wooden cross... which in a lot of songs is referred to as a tree....

and now we're getting WAY off topic... :laugh: you are such a bad influence on me! :laugh:

Oh, I'm not so sure about this... we're only hearing from the "loud" republicans - not the ones who actually vote... and most of the rebulicans i know are nervous about having another president who will sell them downriver. And none are consistant on who they are supporting... which is unusual... add huckabee to that ticket and those moderate republicans who are sick of the neocons just might not bite. And you can erase those indies who wouldn't think twice about voting for someone without a stable family background.

a lot of conservatives are either not voting by party or - worse IMHO - they simply refuse to vote...

many are also upset with BUsh for not taking stronger stances... go figure. they're just angry at everybody right now lol

I get the GOP emails... and really even the GOP has no idea who to vote for lol...

our guys are all less visable than the dems... but at the same time neither side seems excited about the options given.

do ballots have a none of the above feature? (other than the write in? LOL)

I'm voting for Yuka [ie my dog not skater] for the position... naps for everyone! will be her campaign!

who will hillary pick up as her running mate? now, that's gonna be the deciding factor... will she pick up obama? edwards??

Would (or Should) Edwards take it? I know his wife's wish is that he would run and accept the presidency even in the event that she passes... but is VP just as important to them? I would think if he didn't get the presidency he'd spend whatever time is left to be with his family... it'd probably help him in his run in the long run (As a lot of people are not planning to vote for him because they don't think he should be running now)

Last edited:

netnuts

Match Penalty
I just cannot get over my opinion that rudy is the modern day version of dukakis... or even kerry... a candidate they aren't as concerned about throwing under the bus... I think the republican machine has written off the white house and is more concerned with regaining control of congress... and as the election moves forward, i think we're gonna see this come to light - espcially if rudy keeps harping on his pro-military strategy for everything... and comparing himself to ronald reagan... which is probably the funniest thing I've ever heard...

I think you're wrong. Republicans have far better chance in retaining white house than winning back congress. Democratic party will win even more seats in Senate and Congress next year.

Let's face it, Rudy is a moderate whether you believe or not. I can tolerate him but I will never ever tolerate Obama or Edwards. Both guys are typical liberals who have no idea about national security.

The war in Iraq is getting better, public opinions are fleeting. I won't be surprised Iraq war may actually become democratic nominee's baggage instead of assets next year...America is a central-right country, a Dukakis type Obama & Edwards will never ever get close to the white house.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Obama & Edwards will never ever get close to the white house.

I dunno.. Kerry-Edwards came pretty dang close, and I'd have to give the nod more to Edwards than Kerry.

I'll take Obama, and any other Democrat over any Republican including Rudy.

4,000 US men and women have died and 3 times more have been crippled for life not to mention the 300,000 innocent Iraqis are dead and God knows how many wounded. All because of some Amercian Oil Family (and you know who) wanted to get Iraq's oil. Together with the Master Mind (and you know who) wanted to get Haliburton some business. The excuse? Weapons of Mass Destruction and importing Plutonium from Africa and you know what happend with these lies. Were they not lies to justify the invasion?

You will see when election time rolls around there will be much talk about protecting America and an ALERT will be announced (I forget the color) a few days before the election as they have been in the past to 'keep the course'. Just more lies.

Democrats, yes, or at least a Republican who's not interested in oil or Haliburton.

Joe