Value for a 4 salchow in senior ladies competition? | Golden Skate

Value for a 4 salchow in senior ladies competition?

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Which would be the base value if a skater - like Miki Ando - would land a clean full rotated quadruple salchow (she keeps on landing it in practises) ?

Kypma

Final Flight
I alaso read once that men naturally have more powerful muscles, and toe jumps require a skater to push off that toe pick (ie, require more stregth), while edge jumps have to do with pulling, which some perceive as easier. I can't remember the details, though...

Kypma

Jasper

Final Flight
Well Brian can do both the quad sal and the quad toe. He's talked about playing with the flip or lutz, both edge jumps, but who knows if he can actually pull it off and then pull it off in competition.

Miki's triple sal is just amazing, her best triple jump by far, so I'm not surprised it's the one she had done four revolutions of!

I really do think it comes down to whether you're an edge or toe jumper.

zephyrskates

On the Ice
I alaso read once that men naturally have more powerful muscles, and toe jumps require a skater to push off that toe pick (ie, require more stregth), while edge jumps have to do with pulling, which some perceive as easier. I can't remember the details, though...

Kypma

i don't know it may just be me, but i think the toeloop is easier because you essentially use your toe pick to 'vault off' the ice while, for me at least, i 'muscle' the salchow off the ice. although that may be because i have always preferred toe pick jumps (i landed a lutz much easier and earlier than the salchow).

^ But I have read that for some people toe jumps are harder because they require greater coordination among the picking foot, legs and upper body. (?)

zephyrskates

On the Ice
^ But I have read that for some people toe jumps are harder because they require greater coordination among the picking foot, legs and upper body. (?)

i guess so. it's just a matter of preference.
although i feel as though you need to have really strong inner thighs to pull off edge jumps (especially a salchow).