favorite costumes | Golden Skate

favorite costumes

Bennett

Record Breaker
Whose costume do you like?

This season, I like Alissa's SP costume, Mao's SP, LP, and gala costumes, Yukari's SP costume, Sarah's SP costume, and Yukina Ota's LP costume.

My favorite among ladies is Mao's gala costume. It's very classy, sophisticated and fresh at the same time. I like her LP costume, too, which looks so elegant and airy that goes well with her flow on ice.

I also found Yukari's SP costume very, very beautiful. I like the fresh mint color, and light, soft skirt, and all the delicate decorations. I thought that it may be better if she had skin-colored cloth on her chest and upper back, too, so that there would be no color difference between her chest, upper back, and arms because her actual skin color is much fairer than the skin-colored cloth that covers her arms. But otherwise, it is an extremely beautiful costume.

Among men, I like Daisuke's SP costume very much. I like the feather. And I LOVE Jonny's SP costume. It's very Jonny and beautiful. His LP costume looks to me a bit decorative, but still looks good on him.

Last edited:

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
I love Yunie's (Yu-Na Kim's) LP Dress as well as Caroline Zhang's LP Dress

(This is my new name for Yu-Na Kim. Such a cute nickname don't you think :))

fourclover

On the Ice
I like Yu-na's waltz costume and Mao's short program costume. I like Yukari Nakano's salmon colored long program costume (It looked stunning on her).

Bennett

Record Breaker
I love Caroline Zhang's SP Dress. If this dress were just black and red, which may be often the case for this type of music, it would have looked too mature on her. But she looks really nice and fresh in white. I love the thin, two-layered skirts with gradation from white to black. I love the simple line around her chest and back. I also find the red rose on her hair very cute!

Last edited:

clairecloutier

Final Flight
I really like Kimmie's LP costume. I think the strong colors and simple line of the dress suit her very well. I also like Sarah Meier's costumes (both SP/LP). They're very feminine and fit her delicate, precise style.

In pairs, I like the Zhangs' LP costumes. Nice strong colors, definitely a big improvement over their previous blah costumes. I also like S/S's LP costumes--they are a nice shade of fuchsia/purple. In dance, I like the concept and design of Delobel/Schoenfelder's Piano LP programs, but I wish they were some other color. That dull brown doesn't do anything for either skater (although it may be period-appropriate).

Mao's costumes this year are nice but a little too fussy/frilly for my taste. And Carolina Kostner's costumes would look better on someone else, I think. Poufy, ribbony costumes just don't flatter her tall, long-limbed figure.

Antilles

Medalist
I like B&As black FD costumes. I also V&M's FD costumes, and Carron&Jost's OD costumes. Yay to dance teams who don't feel the need to look dreadful!

I also like the Kerr's OD costumes. Must be my Scottish blood, but I always like a guy in a kilt!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I loved Tanith and Ben's FD costumes from Skate America more than I like their new ones... kinda bummed she switched dresses...

Love Melissa and Denis' OD costumes, didn't think I would at first, but she is so lovely in her dress... and his Bravehart look ain't half bad...

oleada

Record Breaker
Ladies:
* Both of Alissa Czisny's costumes this season are beautiful.
* Korpi's SP costume
* Carolina's costumes - I'm just a sucker for pink and purple. :p

Dance
* Tanith and Ben's free dance outfits
* Samuelson and Bates OD costumes
* Domnina & Shabalin's Yankee Polka outfits were cute, I thought.

Pairs
* S&S's FS costumes - again, it's the pink and purple
* Mukhortova and Trankov's SP costumes

I have to look back and see, there were a few more that I thought were good.

pista04

On the Ice
Hm

Just this season..

Ladies:
-Kimmie's Long
-Alissa's Short
-Caroline's Long
-Mira's Long
-Carolina's Short

Pairs:
-McL/B's Long
-Du/Dav's Long

Dance:
-B/A's FD
-V/M's OD

Bennett

Record Breaker
I really like Kimmie's LP costume. I think the strong colors and simple line of the dress suit her very well. I also like Sarah Meier's costumes (both SP/LP). They're very feminine and fit her delicate, precise style.

In pairs, I like the Zhangs' LP costumes. Nice strong colors, definitely a big improvement over their previous blah costumes. I also like S/S's LP costumes--they are a nice shade of fuchsia/purple. In dance, I like the concept and design of Delobel/Schoenfelder's Piano LP programs, but I wish they were some other color. That dull brown doesn't do anything for either skater (although it may be period-appropriate).

Mao's costumes this year are nice but a little too fussy/frilly for my taste. And Carolina Kostner's costumes would look better on someone else, I think. Poufy, ribbony costumes just don't flatter her tall, long-limbed figure.

I agree that Kimmie looks nice in simple costumes! :) I like Sarah's costume (esp. SP), too! Simple and fresh:)

I also understand your saying that poufy, ribbony costumes may not be ideal for tall, long-limbed ladies. Such costumes may generally suit smaller, skinny teenage girls better. But I personally love Caro's costumes really a lot. Her choice of colors, i.e., the pink and purple, gives her mature looks despite all the ribbons and decorations. These colors go so well with her fair-pink skin tone, too. Actually, I have almost always loved Caro's costumes :love::love::love:. Especially, the ones for the Olympic season were so stylish. Hands down.

Wrlmy

Medalist
I love Caro's sp costume. Oh well, how many skaters have luxury of high fashion designer making their dress? For the same reason, I loved many of Michelle's dress. Vera Wang did such a marvelous job with Kwan. Here are my favorite ladies' dress:

SP:
Alissa Czisny
Caroline Zhang
Carolina Kostner
Susanna Poykio
Yuna Kim

LP:
Alissa Czisny
Sarah Meier
Kiira Korpi
Joannie Rochette

And Mao Asada's gala dress:love:

And for fun, costumes I hate:
Yuna Kim's lp dress.
Mao Asada's lp dress.
Miki Ando's all dresses.
Kimmie Meissner's sp dress.
Yukari Nakano's dress (I love the design, but the color hurts my eyes)

Bennett

Record Breaker
And for fun, costumes I hate:
Yukari Nakano's dress (I love the design, but the color hurts my eyes)

Did you mean her LP costume? I feel that it's a bit unusual color for Yukari to choose. She tends to wear light colors that go well with her skin tone. I wonder how that vivid orange looks in person, because it looks to me differently depending on the picture and video.

BTW, I love her ex white costume:love::love::love: It has feminine, classical line and shiny texture. I love the soft, long layered skirt, and elegant cut and decorations around her chest. I actually love most of her dresses:) Although the LP costume is not my favorite, the design is still nice and interesting.

Last edited:

Wrlmy

Medalist
Did you mean her LP costume? I feel that it's a bit unusual color for Yukari to choose. She tends to wear light colors that go well with her skin tone. I wonder how that vivid orange looks in person, because it looks to me differently depending on the picture and video.

BTW, I love her ex white costume:love::love::love: It has very beautiful line, texture, and decorations. I love the soft, long skirt, and elegant cut around her chest. I actually love most of her dresses:) Although the LP costume is not my favorite, the design is still nice and interesting.

Yes I meant her lp dress. I agree about her ex costume. I generally love white dress with delicate patterns especially with great lighting.

gourry

Final Flight
There are so many ladies costumes that I like.:)

Yuna Kim's SP (that blue color looks really nice and it looks kind of luxuary)
Kiira Korpi's LP (I really don't like the other black and white one though...)
Carolina Kostner's SP (the skirt is soooo pretty when she spins and jumps )
Mao Asada's SP (the neck part could be a bit shorter though...?)
Emily Hughes's LP (I don't know why but I like it! why?!!)
Miki Ando's LP (after I saw her SP costume, I found her LP's looked really nice...)
Caroline Zhang's SP (it looks simple and elegant at the same time)
Elena Gedevaneshiville's SP (did I spell her name wrong? um... anyway very much like Broadway style I guess?)

But the one thing I learned from talking about their favorite costumes is that people really do have different taste;)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Caroline Zhang's SP dress
Mao's LP dress and exebition dress
Evan's LP outfit (it's simple, but he looks like the charachter, and it works)
Joannie's LP (dosen't match the music that well, but is very pretty)
S&S LP and SP costumes. They always look great
Vise and Trent LP

hazey

Rinkside
The costume that totally stood out, IMO, is Mao's gala costume. It was elegant and not overdone.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I really like Mai's SP costume. I think that she looks really nice in purple costumes. I also like the design very much. It's very elegant and classy and goes well with the music.

I am not a big fan of Miki's SP costume. Although she looked nice in clearer sky-blue last year, I don't think that either purple or purplish-blue goes well with her skin color. I also do not enjoy the combination of purplish-blue and soft-orange in this costume. On the other hand, I think that black and red for her LP costume flatter her skin tone so well even though I am not fond of all the crowded decorations.

I find Rochette's LP costume nice. It's very mature-looking and elegant. Dark navy & the golden decorations go well with her blond.

I felt a bit ?? about Kawaguchi and Smirnov costumes. Although I think that Yuko has a cutest babyface, her hairstyle and costume make her look way too young. While Alex already looks quite boyish in that T-shirt, Yuko looks like his little sister in that outfit. I don't quite understand their strategy for this choice of the costumes.

Last edited: