Any updates on who has retired/gone pro? | Golden Skate

Any updates on who has retired/gone pro?

NanSinger2

On the Ice
With the start of a new season, does anyone have updates? I know SH is going to school. Any word on Irina?

icenut84

Final Flight
Not sure if there's been any changes now, but I read a while ago that Irina plans to stay in competition till 2005, when the Worlds are in Russia. (Though if she does, that means she'd retire the year before the Olympics, which is a little strange).

Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze have officially retired from amateur competition now :(

lavender

Record Breaker
Irina changed her mind and has plans on going the distance to 2006 Olympics. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!

berthes ghost

Final Flight
The jury is still out on all, AFAIK.

L&A said they would retire, then that they wouldn't. Who knows what the latest was or will be.

B&K turned pro IIRC.

F-P&M haven't complained to the press in a while, so I guess they've retired, but who knows.

L&T are still in the unsubstantiated rumor stage with thier retirement/split.

B&S recently anounced turning pro, surprise, surprise.

S&Z said at 03 worlds that they are staying in AND working on the quad throw again.

AY had/is having surgery (sometime this month IIRC) so the jury is still out. Cambell's (early October) should tell the tale.

Conflicting reports from SH. She's doing school and some comps vs. she defering her school one year to compete vs. she's been taken off the roster for Cambell's (the next comp).

Irina did change 05 to 06 recently.

MK is still taking it one day at a time.