Music Selections for next season for some skaters (may still be rumor) | Golden Skate

Music Selections for next season for some skaters (may still be rumor)

R.D.

Record Breaker
I read a thread at Skating Inc. and found out that the following skaters are using the following music for next season...I don't know if this has been confirmed but here goes:

Louann Donovan

SP: Wanderer-Fantasia by Franz Schubert/Franz Lizst (Conducted by K. Stratton)
LP: On the Waterfront by Leonard Bernstein

Annie Bellemare

Short Program: Eastern Type Music
Long Program: Quebec Soundtrack

Naomi Nari Nam

Short Program: Cirque du Soleil
Long Program: Miss Saigon

Lindsey Weber

Short Program: Warsaw Concerto
Long Program: Some kind of Spanish medley

Michael Weiss
SP: Henry V

Jenny Kirk
SP: from Chicago
LP: Die Fledermaus

Jeffrey Buttle

SP: Take Five
LP: Samson and Delilah

Alexei Yagudin

SP: Racing

Michelle Currie

SP: Bolero
LP: Riders on the Storm and The Unknown Solider (The Doors)

Gregory and Petukhov

Free Dance: Four Seasons

Ryan Jahnke -

SP: Chopin Piano & Voilin Duet/Classical Graffiti - Chopin, Luke Depoty, & The Planets

LP: Brazilian Music

Mao Asada

SP: "Orchestral Suite" from "My Girl 2" soundtrack

Mai Asada

SP: "Spanish Dance No. 1"

Miki Ando

SP: "The Pianist" soundtrack

Yukari Nakano

SP: "Prayer for Taylor" by Michael W. Smith

Yukina Ota

SP: "Picasso's Dance"

Yoshie Onda

SP: "Tres Preludes"

Fumie Suguri

SP: "Paint It Black" by the Rolling Stones

Sasha Cohen
SP: "Swan Lake"

Lipinskifan19

Rinkside
Thanks. I'm really surprised about Fumie's coice! Who would have thunk it? I'm excited about sasha's choice although I think Swan Lake is boring and overdone.

Antilles

Medalist
Hey, at least there's no Carmen on there. Yet. :) That music definitely needs to be retired.

NanSinger2

On the Ice
Oh wow! This is exciting news! Thanks so much for sharing! I didn't realize NNN was going to be back in the mix. I can't wait to see everyone!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Hey! Those who predicted Sasha would complete her collection of tried and true Skating Music Classics by using Swan Lake were correct. She will indeed do Swan Lake. (And I must say, I am sure she will make a gorgeous swan)

Does anyone know whether she is doing the white swan or the black?

dpp

rachelstarlet

Rinkside
I heard Plush was doing some Spanish flamenco music for his SP, but I don't know where that came from and I may just be spreading a rumor with no basis in anything :)

lavender

Record Breaker
What's up with the Swan Lake. Kind of surprise they are using that but I will say that it will probably a beautiful program. Who knows, if she skates it well and it's a nice program then it could become her masterpiece but the music is overdone.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks for the update! Jeff's choices will be great! Mike W. skating to Henry V? I always wanted Elvis to skate to that music! I think Sasha's choice "Swan Lake" is perfect for her. Most of the music choices sound great.

Ladskater

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Take 5?

I disagree about Jeff's choices. While I like "Take 5" as a piece of music, for a skating program, it's duller than cardboard. No peaks, no drama, no variation whatsoever. Remember Amber's dull routine to that music a year or so ago? YAWN! If you're looking to engage an audience, this is not the piece of music to do it. Jeff needs all the help he can get--this music will not help him at all. :p

thvudragon

On the Ice
Re: Music Selections for next season for some skaters (may still be rumor)

Red Dog said:
Mao Asada

SP: "Orchestral Suite" from "My Girl 2" soundtrack
:confused: :confused: where does one even hear, let alone have the idea to skate to the "My Girl 2" soudntrack? :confused:

TV

Doris - I'm with you. At this point in her career, I should think that Sasha would get some new unheard of music befitting to her style and wow the audience.

Swan Lake - Ugh I can see the arms flapping like wings and attempting a balletic bouree on the toe rakes. I will not be impressed.

But on the other hand if she uses the 'Black Swan' music and cuts out the arm flapping and bourees and just skates bravura, she may well bring the house down. It does at Lincoln Center.

Joe

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Sasha will make a beautiful swan. If that's what she will be doing.

Dee

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
From Tonichelle's link:

I don't know Katie Lee, but I'd be interested to see someone skate to Sunset Blvd.

Fumie - I can't see her skating to the Stones, but I like it as a music choice.

Who/what is Secret Garden? Seems like a lot of skaters are using it/them.

Jahnke - Brazilian medley. He just might have the flair to pull it off.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Who/what is Secret Garden? Seems like a lot of skaters are using it/them.
Secret Garden is a Norweigan New Age duo consisting of keyboardist Rolf Lovland and Irish violinist Fionnuala Sherry. Many skaters have used their music. Irina's 99-00 SP was to their Appassionata (also used by Elena Liashenko this past season); Viktoria skated to Illumination the same season. Jennifer Robinson skated to Passacaglia in 99 and Josee Chouinard skated to Poeme. These tracks can be found on White Stones. A number of skaters have skated to Song from a Secret Garden (Tatiana Malinina, Joannie Rochette, Nicole Watt) for the SP, which is from the CD Songs From A Secret Garden. I have both of these CDs and they are wonderful.

Here is a link to their official website:
http://www.secretgarden.no/fs_facts_feeling.html

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Re: Take 5?

RealtorGal said:
I disagree about Jeff's choices. While I like "Take 5" as a piece of music, for a skating program, it's duller than cardboard. No peaks, no drama, no variation whatsoever. Remember Amber's dull routine to that music a year or so ago? YAWN! If you're looking to engage an audience, this is not the piece of music to do it. Jeff needs all the help he can get--this music will not help him at all. :p

I must respectfully disagree. Amber's program was dull and I feel she did not capture the essence of the music. Both Torvill & Dean and Lu Chen have used this music more effectively.

I had the pleasure of seeing T&D perform their Take Five routine during the 97 SOI Tour. Every single little movement/nuance matched the music perfectly. Lu Chen used this for her 97 SP. Although the performance was disastrous (she missed the 2A and the lutz combo and did not make the final cut for the LP), the program itself (choreographed by Sandra Bezic) was brilliant. I especially liked the footwork section to the drum part of the piece. When Amber skated to the same music, she did the spiral sequence to the same section of music and it was not as effective as Lu's.

Winkler/Lohse and Ryan Jankhe have also used this music successfully in the past.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

S

SkateFan4Life

Music Selections......

I predict that Sasha Cohen's "Swan Lake" will be as memorable as Oksana Baiul's "Swan Lake", and her performance will carry her to her first US and World titles next year.

:)