Canadian Adult Nationals in Burnaby, BC 2004 | Golden Skate

Canadian Adult Nationals in Burnaby, BC 2004

Canadian Adult Nationals will

• see me, a Canadian skater, enter.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • see me, a Canadian skater, not enter.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • see me, an American or International skater, enter.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • see me, an American or International skater, not enter.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

singerskates

On the Ice
I'm excited about the first Canadian Adult National Figure Skating Championships happening in March of 2004 in Burnaby, BC. Don't know the rink, or the exact dates yet though. I'm wondering fellow Canadian Competitive Adult Skaters, are you going to enter? This is an invitational CANFSC so actually skaters from around the world can enter as well this year. In 2005, I hope that SC makes the CANFSC to be partly for Canadians only and also have open events for our skating buddies around the world like the US Adult Nationals are done.

Last edited:

sk8er1964

On the Ice
I wouldn't be able to atend for several reasons, the main one being that it is the same time as Adult Sectionals here in the states (cost being the other main reason).

cborsky

Rinkside
Hey, that is great news! Even better since I live in Burnaby!

I just did my first adult competition back in April '03 in Calgary Alberta and it was a lot of fun. Much more supportive atmosphere than amature competitions.

Will you have to qualify for this competition just like any other nationals?

I'm excited already!:D

~Cassie

singerskates

On the Ice
No, skaters don't need to qualify this year for sure. Now next year, I don't know. But I assume since SC might follow USFSA's Adult National mold, that they will have non-qualifying events after this year too. Americans, Mexicans, and plain just earthlings are invited to compete at Canadian Adult Nationals (Invitational). Just get your skating federation to sanction it through SC.

Lanie

On the Ice
I'd go, but the problem arises that I'm only 17. ;) But good luck to all who are going! :)