Coffee | Golden Skate

Coffee

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I make little sacrifices so I can enjoy the finer coffee in life :) I ground all my own beans, etc.

After two years of nothing but Starbucks, I'd like to treat my tastebuds to a new flavor. I remember in Germany I used to drink great coffee, but I was to young and naiive to ask for the name.

If anyone can list some of those wonderful foreign coffees that you've drank and thought were just wonderful, please do share!

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
I lived in Germany for a year and was completely unimpressed by the coffee. Not foreign, but my favorite beans are Californian - Peet's Coffee French Roast ... yum. Even better when purchased at the shop - they've got some brewing technique that makes it strong and wonderful.

Coffee - my biggest vice - and I'm useless without at least a cup a day!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I must start my day with an espresso. I received a Capresso machine from my friends for my birthday a few years back, and now I can make espresso of Starbucks quality right at home!

One word of warning about buying coffee beans via the Internet, though: beware they are often not-too-fresh by the time the reach your house. I have ordered Lily, which is a wonderful company, but the beans just did not have the luster you get from freshly roasted beans.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
OH! EXCELLENT TOPIC! In fact, I am jonesing right now. I am getting through the board so that I can go lounge over a nice cafe breve. I am not sure about foreign coffee brands...I usually go to the local gourmet market and make my own mixture. One brand that I have tried a couple if times that I cannot get to like is Gevalia. It tastes like stong tea to me. Bad strong tea. If you have import stores in your area, the may have something new to whet the palette...I will be wathing this thread to see what everyone comes up with. Right now, I am off to get my coffee fix!

Glacier