"Johnny English" | Golden Skate

"Johnny English"

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
has anyone seen this movie yet? I want to know if it's worth my 5$ to get in... or if it's wait till Blockbuster rents it out for 99cents...

RoaringMice

On the Ice
I've heard it's good, but I haven't seen it. I'm waiting for the video.

It's only $5 where you are? To see a film is $10.50 where I live. Goodness.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah that's the Matinee rate... and that's the most expensive here where I am in Alaska... it's 4.50 at the other local one...

however they make the real money with the food and drink... for a small soda it's 4.50 :eek: total rip off... a lot of people actually smuggle soda and chips in LOL

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I always take a big purse and go to the dollar store beforehand to stock up on junk food. Its between 9-11$ for a movie and to rent it at Blockbuster its about 6 bucks...but only a couple of bucks at our local convienence store.
I love watching "Mr. Bean" so I can't wait to see Johnny English. Might wait to rent it though, I'm too poor right now.

icenut84

Final Flight
I've seen it! I saw it quite a while ago, when it was released at the cinema (movie theatre). Natalia Imbruglia's in it too (singer, and she was also in Neighbours [Australian soap opera] eons ago). It's actually pretty funny. I can't remember that much about it now, since it was a while ago, but I remember I enjoyed it. :)

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I just saw this movie last night, it was pretty funny! I would recommend it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm not trying to be mean... or upset anyone... but I went tonight and it was great... until the last 15 minutes... there were some gross stuff and the swearing that wasn't needed...

I don't recommend it to a lot of people...

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Tonichelle said:
I'm not trying to be mean... or upset anyone... but I went tonight and it was great... until the last 15 minutes... there were some gross stuff and the swearing that wasn't needed...

I don't recommend it to a lot of people...

Swearing at the end ?? Please refresh my memory...now the gross stuff... I know what you were talking about (I agree) but swearing happens in pretty much every movie.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
swearing is not nessecery and it was no funnier with the swearing... so why it was in there is beyond me...

just because one or two movies has them doesn't mean they all should...

Pirates of the Caribean had one swear word and I only caught it after going to it the second time... and I missed it on the 3rd time as I wasn't waiting for it and was enjoying watching my dad enjoy the movie

Remember the Titans, another GOOD MOVIE without swearing

Independance Day has lots of swear words that are taken out during the TV version... it's just as funny without the swearing...

just because "almost every movie" has a good amount of swearing doesn't mean it's an okay thing.

this is all My Opinion... but still

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Tonichelle said:
swearing is not nessecery and it was no funnier with the swearing... so why it was in there is beyond me...

just because one or two movies has them doesn't mean they all should...

Pirates of the Caribean had one swear word and I only caught it after going to it the second time... and I missed it on the 3rd time as I wasn't waiting for it and was enjoying watching my dad enjoy the movie

Remember the Titans, another GOOD MOVIE without swearing

Independance Day has lots of swear words that are taken out during the TV version... it's just as funny without the swearing...

just because "almost every movie" has a good amount of swearing doesn't mean it's an okay thing.

this is all My Opinion... but still

I never said that swearing was necessary... and most times it's not funny. And it's not just "one or two" movies that have swearing in them and again, I never said that they all should. So... let me make it clear... I never said it was OK for movies to have swearing.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I was more screaming at teh movie than anything else LOL

I remember a lot of the swear words but there's no point in repeating them here, they'll just get bleeped LOL

J

Jané

I think my dad wants to see it. More for Rowan Atkinson than anything. My dad is a pretty big Bean fan. I don't much care either way.

Janelle

Last edited: