Music That Screams "USE ME!" | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Music That Screams "USE ME!"

DJStuCrew

Rinkside
I'm bored to death of classical and soundtrack music. How uninspired! While I realize that skaters like the tempo to vary, this can be done with careful mixing and cutting -- in other words, a bit of ol' fashioned WORK.

So, what might I use?
I loved the suggestion of "Europa" by Gato Barbieri.
"Feel the Beat" by Darude
"Ciega Sordomuda" by Shakira
For you 60's fans, "Philly Dog" by the Mar-Keys
"You've Got To Pay The Price" by Al Kent
And how about the old techno standby, "Plastic Dreams" by Jaydee?

To paraphrase Blue Oyster Cult; Skaters don't fear the rhythm!

April

Rinkside
Here are some tunes I'd like to hear used (For exhibitions only):

1: Bjork--Aurora and Emotional
2.White Stripe--7 nation army
3.Coldplay-Yellow
4. Queens of the Stone Age- everything
5. Radiohead--Everything in Its Right Place

That's all folks

4dogknight

Final Flight
I just watched The Ghost and The Darkness yesterday and some of the music is still rattling around in my head. There were several pieces from the film Congo that had the same effect.

I think we're missing something by not looking into the music of
Africa. Wasn't Paul Simon's come back album based on the music of South Africa? And that did very well.

Or how about some of the music of South America; there's a couple of 'tunes' from the film Vibes that gets my toes tapping.

Just a couple of off the wall suggestions that have not been used before.

4dk

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Jané said:
I would love to see someone skate to Moon River. Yes I am obsessed with Breakfast at Tiffany's. But I think that it would be really cool if one of the ladies picked Moon River for their LP. And I don't care if Josee did do it. I wasn't a FS fan when she used that music.

Janelle

so get a tape...;) it's been classified by many as one of her best... and it is extremely good... :)

Sweetie

Rinkside
Okay maybe people will think I'm crazy but ever since I heard the song "Come Undone" by Duran Duran, I could see Bourne & Kraatz skate to it. Either them or Belbin & Agosto/ Wing & Lowe. It's got a little perkiness in it, though it would have to be a pro program or a show...

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Radiohead may not be out of the question for competition programs. Pianist Christopher O'Reilly just released a CD of his piano transcriptions of Radiohead songs, and they're great.

Rachel - In order to do a tap impersonation on ice the music must include the tap sounds. They just don't work from blades to ice. this is a form of foot synching.

Much toe rake work, I believe has to be used. Check out the master, Kurt Browning.

When exactly did Yagudin foot synch tapping?

Joe

Kasey

Medalist
For SP...."Forrest Gump Suite" off of the soundtrack

LP..."Pirates of the Carribbean"!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
When exactly did Yagudin foot synch tapping?

he did a program with a typewriter sound last Christmas... it was, for me, his most boring one I've seen in a long while...

Lisa

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
he did a program with a typewriter sound last Christmas... it was, for me, his most boring one I've seen in a long while...

The idea was a good one, but I admit that I missed the jumps. And - sorry to say so - I prefer Yags in competitions, but then I only know him from tv, maybe watching him live in a show would make me change my mind.
Back to Typewriter: the footwork was great! :D

Lisa

On the Ice
Back to the topic: I would like somebody to give the musical "Chess" another chance. I love it, but I didn't like Petrova/Tikhonov's version one little bit: far too boring! The musical includes very different styles of music, too, different rythms, it shouldn't be too difficult to create an interesting program.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I like most of the suggestions so far. I have only been able to come up with two.
The first is "Bittersweet Symphony" by the Verve, though it would have to be
a short program due to the beat being the same all the way through (the main
problem w/Abt's Bolero, IMO) and the second is "Baba O'Reilly" by the Who.

What do y'all think?

Laura :)