Music that Screams No, DON"T USE ME | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Music that Screams No, DON"T USE ME

astimegoesby

On the Ice
I think there's a difference between music that's just plain overused (as annoying as it may be to hear Malaguena, Carmen, Swan Lake, etc. over and over again, you've got to admit it is catchy music!) and music that just should not be skated to anytime by anyone! Songs I would put in the second category would be:

"Who Let The Dogs Out"
"I'm Too Sexy"
"March With Me" (although I did like B&K's program to this music, I liked it even better after using the mute button!)
anything by Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez or any boy bands
90% of all rap or hip-hop music (see Tara's hip-hop special for a perfect reason why!)
"Touch My Bum, This Is Life" (or whatever that other annoying song is called!)

The sad part is, with a couple of exceptions, skaters have used most of these songs in the past! :eek:

guinevere

Final Flight
Pookie said:
Didn't Surya do a program once with "March With Me"?

I believe that Surya did use "March With Me" as well - but I don't think I ever saw her program. I definitely saw B/K's several times the season they used it. Sigh.

guinevere

IDLERACER

Medalist
I hate it when Michael Weiss splices together a series of snippets from someone's "Greatest Hits" (i.e. the Stones, The Doors etc). It always looks like he's skating to a K-Tel records commercial. Along similar lines, my all time least favorite routine is Rudy Galindo's Village People Medley. I hate late 70s disco.

I have to go along with Guinevere and Pookie. "March with me" is just loud high-pitched screaming, to me.

Mathman

missflick

On the Ice
No rap music.
No heavy meatal, even if they are ballads (L&T what were you thinking?)
Nothing thunderous. I do not want to feel like I walked into a Metallica concert.

OTOH, nothing that would put me to sleep (Yanni, anyone?)
No screechers like Michael Bolton.
And definitely no catterwallers like Mariah Carey.:p