CBC to Air the Entire Event | Golden Skate

CBC to Air the Entire Event

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
CBC deserves a thread to itself.

3/18/2008 08:00 AM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships on CBC - Dance Compulsory (LIVE) CBC-Country Canada, cbcsports.ca

03/18/2008 01:15 PM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships on CBC - Opening Ceremony & Pairs Short (LIVE) CBC-Country Canada, cbcsports.ca

03/18/2008 07:00 PM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships on CBC - Opening Ceremony & Pairs Short (ENCORE) CBC-Country Canada

03/19/2008 12:00 AM LOC
ISU World Figure Skating Championships on CBC CBC-TV, cbcsports.ca

03/19/2008 04:15 AM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships on CBC - Ladies Short (LIVE)
CBC-Country Canada, cbcsports.ca

03/19/2008 01:30 PM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships on CBC - Pairs Final (LIVE) CBC-Country Canada, cbcsports.ca

03/19/2008 07:00 PM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships on CBC - Pairs Final (ENCORE) CBC-Country Canada

03/20/2008 12:00 AM LOC
ISU World Figure Skating Championships on CBC CBC-TV, cbcsports.ca

03/20/2008 08:00 AM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships on CBC - Dance Original (LIVE) CBC-Country Canada, cbcsports.ca

03/20/2008 01:00 PM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships on CBC - Ladies Final (LIVE) CBC-Country Canada, cbcsports.ca

03/20/2008 07:00 PM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships on CBC - Ladies Final (ENCORE) CBC-Country Canada

03/21/2008 12:00 AM LOC
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships on CBC CBC-TV, cbcsports.ca

03/21/2008 05:00 AM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships on CBC - Men’s Short (LIVE) CBC-Country Canada, cbcsports.ca

03/21/2008 01:30 PM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships on CBC - Dance Final (LIVE) CBC-Country Canada, cbcsports.ca

03/21/2008 07:00 PM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships - Dance Final (ENCORE) CBC-Country Canada

03/21/2008 09:00 PM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships - Ice Dance Final CBC-TV

03/22/2008 08:00 AM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships - Men’s Final (LIVE) CBC-Country Canada, cbcsports.ca

03/22/2008 01:00 PM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships CBC-TV, cbcsports.ca

03/22/2008 08:00 PM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships - Men’s Final (ENCORE) CBC-Country Canada

03/23/2008 10:30 AM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships - Gala Skate (LIVE) CBC-Country Canada, cbcsports.ca

03/23/2008 01:30 PM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships CBC-TV, cbcsports.ca

03/23/2008 08:00 PM EDT
2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships - Gala Skate(ENCORE) CBC-Country Canada

CBC is the best!

merrybari

Final Flight
Just found this. Great news! Thanks.

Question: What does LOC mean re: time (as opposed to EDT for example)? Does it mean Local? If that's the case, can anybody tell me what time zone would be local?

I'm a bit confused - as you can easily tell.

Thanks for anything to help clear this up for me. :bow:

How wonderful for all the Canadians. If there were money in it, the Amercians might show it too. Ahhh, capitalism!

Joe

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Hmmm...between all this non-stop election coverage and the carnage that will follow regardless of whose elected, and bad TV coverage of skating in the US, the Canadian 4 and 8 year political refuge visa is looking more and more appealing.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Just found this. Great news! Thanks.

Question: What does LOC mean re: time (as opposed to EDT for example)? Does it mean Local? If that's the case, can anybody tell me what time zone would be local?

I'm a bit confused - as you can easily tell.

Thanks for anything to help clear this up for me. :bow:

LOC stands for local time.

"03/19/2008 12:00 AM LOC
ISU World Figure Skating Championships on CBC CBC-TV, cbcsports.ca"
means it will be on air at 12:00 sharp at your local time.

Commentator for Country Canada will mostly likely be PJ Kwong.

Last edited:

eleonora.d

On the Ice
EUROSPORT TV Schedule [GMT +1]

Tuesday 18 th March
13:00 - 17:00 compulsory dance
20:00 - 22:30 short program pairs

Wednesday 19th March
14 - 18 short program ladies
20 -22,15 free program pairs

Thursday 20th March
13:00 -17:00 Original dance
20:00 - 22:00 Free skating ladies

Friday 21 th March
14:15 - 17:30 short program men
20:15 - 22:30 free skating dance

Saturday 22 th March
13:00 - 17:00 free skating men

Sunday 23 th March
15:30 - 18:00 Exhibition Gala

Tigger

Final Flight
Thanks for the CBC Country Canada sked. I am w/out a doubt loving those broadcast times. As much fun as watching all the coverage from Tokyo live last year was from the comfort of my own home, that time difference nearly killed me by the end of the Championships. :biggrin:

Shouldn't the Eurosport one be in a separate thread? I mean...The title of the thread is about the CBC and it's broadcast schedule, so...Just wondering!! :)

astimegoesby

On the Ice
Thanks for posting the CBC schedule here! I'm still hoping some of those midnight time slots for the main network broadcast will be bumped up at least a couple of hours, but if not, that's what VCRs and DVD recorders are for...and it certainly beats no Canadian coverage at all! :biggrin:

I just hope my Internet connection will be more co-operative than it was during Canadians since that's the only way I can watch the CBC Country Canada coverage.

You can watch CBC & CBSSports from internet. Click on 'sports'...

http://www.myp2p.eu/channel.php

Thanks for the link, netnuts, but all I got was a blank screen whenever I clicked on those channels. Has anyone else tried this site yet? Do you have to register before watching any of the channels? I probably won't bother registering since I'm Canadian and can watch most of the coverage on the official CBC site anyway, but I know a lot of non-Canadian fans would be very happy if this link worked!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Kudos to the good old CBC!!! Thanks for the post. It proves the sport of figure skating is still alive and well here in Canada. Usually hockey gets all the attention, it will be a nice change.

:bow::bow:

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
CBC link

Kudos to the good old CBC!!! Thanks for the post. It proves the sport of figure skating is still alive and well here in Canada. Usually hockey gets all the attention, it will be a nice change.

:bow::bow:

Don Cherry will be pissed, once he finds out other winter sports get airtime as well.

Link to CBC figure skating page
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/

I will see if I can do play-by-pay for the folks with dial-up and no CBC. I will try to be as objective as possible, but please bear in mind that it will be from the Canadian perspective - the commentators and the play-by-player, who regurgitates the commentators.

beep_beep

Medalist
I live out of US/Canada/Europe, so the player on http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/ doesn't work for me...

I do have a program, JLC's Internet TV, that has a wide list (at this moment) of CBC and Eurosport channels. Whether they'll be working or not by the time of worlds, that's another story (channel list changes quite oftenly, that got me REALLY FRUSTRATED at US Nationals).

I'm stll hoping for a TRT3 stream... that would be super !!!!

And any other suggestions as to how to watch these channels online would be super !!!

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
There was a site called www.channelchooser.com (not completely sure, but something like that) were u could watch cbc sports? is that where the skating will be shown? that would be just lovely!

also, the time schedule here, are they live or not? EDT unfortunately means absolutely nothing to me. The pair skating for instance will start at 19:00 local swedish time.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I will be setting up my good old fashioned VCR as midnight is too late for me to watching! Even though I am on the late shift at work I still need my zzzzz...s. I hope I have not forgotten how to run my VCR. Last time I did not set it up correctly and got nothing but snow!!! Oh bother....!

:biggrin:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Thanks a million, astimegoesby!!! Your sn is one of my favorite song titles, by the way ;) :love:

I have registered at the site, and am looking forward to using it. This is almost too good to be true. :clap:

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
When CBC says you can watch skating online does that mean only the highlights after the fact or can you watch the event "live" as they're airing it? If the latter, how do I get that player to work?

And what the heck is going to be on at midnight when the events don't start until later in the day?

EDIT: nevermind. I checked the full schedule and there isn't anything on until tomorrow. I was just confused. Not the first time that's happened. LOL

Last edited: