6 Brooke CASTILE / Benjamin OKOLSKI USA 4 56.44

Warm-Up Group 3
7 Dan ZHANG / Hao ZHANG CHN 1 70.45
8 Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN 2 67.70
9 Rena INOUE / John BALDWIN USA 3 57.40

Last edited:

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Can you believe it shorted out right in the middle of Vise and Trent's quad attempt? :mad: Though the sound lasted a second longer and the commentator said it appeared to be fully rotated...

MissIzzy

Final Flight
I got that impression initially. Though with two deductions in their score, I can't help but wonder if they fell on it even after getting all four rotations in; the image shorted out before the sound did. Either that or they overrotated a lift later. Their score ended up being disappointingly low.

TCTC84

On the Ice
Ouch, low score for the Zhangs... Pang and Tong with a real chance now!! a win and a good score will be crucial going into worlds

mystichaze

On the Ice
Looks like Pang & Tong had a great skate! Good for them! I have always preferred them over the constantly over-marked Zhangs.

eta- woo-hoo great job for Brooke & Ben!!

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Looks like Pang & Tong had a great skate! Good for them! I have always preferred them over the constantly over-marked Zhangs.

eta- woo-hoo great job for Brooke & Ben!!

Yes, they had a very good skate. Their only real mistake was that Pang underrotated and stepped out of the triple toe. It was really nice and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm over the moon for Brooke and Ben! :rock:

Looks like Worlds is Savchenko and Szolkowy's to lose.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Just tried to watch Zhang/Zhang's LP. Stopped after 2 minutes. I am very happy that Pang/Tong got more PCS this time and 3 points more is quite a margin. Their program is great, they could still improve it though... I mean concerning interpretation.

fanofskate

Rinkside
Pang and Tong definitely had a good skate. Better choreography and do they seem to have more speed & stamina this time? The throws were well done. I don't like her leg positions though. The bent leg in one of the lifts and in the spin look awkward. That upright leg in the spin needs to be more vertical (flexibility problem?).

emma

Record Breaker
I'm still trying to catch up on the competition...but just wanted to say that I've been loving P/T LP all season, but they performed it so much better here...yes, I agree with someone above that their stamina seems much improved.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yay Brooke and Ben

anyone figure out anything on Vise & Trent's throw? did they land it or not?

Pang and Tong definitely had a good skate. Better choreography and do they seem to have more speed & stamina this time? The throws were well done. I don't like her leg positions though. The bent leg in one of the lifts and in the spin look awkward. That upright leg in the spin needs to be more vertical (flexibility problem?).
They used the Roti R&J a rather sugary compoition and no one complained. Yet Virtue and Moir's Umbrella has gotten a lot of complaints for being too sugary. What could be the difference?

Joe

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
They used the Roti R&J a rather sugary compoition and no one complained. Yet Virtue and Moir's Umbrella has gotten a lot of complaints for being too sugary. What could be the difference?

Joe

I think it's because music is a more integral part in Ice Dance. pair skating is athletically more demanding so the focus is on the elements and not so much on what they skate to. I think? Wherease I feel like it's the choice of music that defines a team's character in ice dance...

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Eh, I don't like R&J (overused) or V&M's selections from Umbrellas (the vocals are like nails on the chalkboard). I think that a lot of the criticism towards V&M is that the program is a.) rather generic when you look at the choreography; it is only special because they are good skaters and b.) it's very similar to their program from last year.