Pairs SP | Golden Skate

Pairs SP

tonywalter

Match Penalty
blackout

Can somebody do a live pbp? I can't watch it. The popup window tells me I'm in blackout area even I'm not. Sigh.

beep_beep

Medalist
second group on, the chinese already skated, now are the canadians.
icenetwork feed still sucks. Is anyone getting a good stream ?

kittyjake5

On the Ice
I was getting a great feed from icenetwork at home while the CD was on. I am now at work and I am get a blank screen.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
I'm watching now. I loooved Sergejeva/Glebovs program and they look really cute, but they are not that comfortable with each other as a top level team on ice and there were some mistakes.. still a lot of potential though :)

oleada

Record Breaker
I'm watching now. I loooved Sergejeva/Glebovs program and they look really cute, but they are not that comfortable with each other as a top level team on ice and there were some mistakes.. still a lot of potential though :)

I totally agree! They were fabulous. Great choreography, I wonder who does their program. She in particular is a STAH. :love:

I really enjoyed the Japanese team as well. A shame that she fell on the throw, but their program was very energetic and cute.

Both American teams had clean skates but not very exciting. I preferred Guillen/Curzon to Butler/Jacobsen.

I wish I'd seen the Russians who are leading. Bah, class. Seems like they had a ver good skate.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
I totally agree! They were fabulous. Great choreography, I wonder who does their program. She in particular is a STAH. :love:

I really enjoyed the Japanese team as well. A shame that she fell on the throw, but their program was very energetic and cute.

Both American teams had clean skates but not very exciting. I preferred Guillen/Curzon to Butler/Jacobsen.

I wish I'd seen the Russians who are leading. Bah, class. Seems like they had a ver good skate.

Yeah they were underscored in PCS IMO...

ohhh!:frown2: Paetsch fell

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
A nice program from Lolita & Humbert Humbert. A tango, no less!

China's got one pairs coach, it's Bin Yao. Always Bin Yao.

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Not the best skate for P/N...only a throw double and double axel possibly ur and a fall. Everything else was good, but the other teams have higher difficulty and skated clean programs.

They need to work on throw triples since they are moving up next year. Only a throw triple salchow is not going to cut it.

The young Chinese have better SBS spins than the Zhangs. :lol:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LOL, loved the Chinese nautical music, ending with "What Shall We Do with the Drunken Sailor". But why, oh why didn't they wear costumes with a more nautical theme?

beep_beep

Medalist
ILIUSHECHKINA / MAISURADZE
She is wearing white boot covers... You have to be kidding me !

Despite that nasty fall on the throw, very good performance. SBS spins were to die for!

Still, in first though...

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Iluschenkina & Maizuradze should be kicking themselves after that fall on the throw, because everything they did was perfect and definitely the best so far. Their spins, their lines, their transitions...wow! But the best was their lift. Gorgeous. :love::thumbsup:

beep_beep

Medalist
Krasilnikova/Bezmatenikh look EXACTLY the same !
And like your typical Russian pair.
Little slip on the pair spin, but good performance