Has anyone heard any practice reports? | Golden Skate

Has anyone heard any practice reports?

kelo

Spectator
Video

The icenetwork has a ten minutes video from the girls practicing.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I just watched the practice video. Mirai, Caroline and Rachel look very, very solid. Caroline and Mirai did a full run through of their SP and they showed a bit of Rachel's then it was over. They were flipping those 3x3's like no tomorrow. I am pretty confident that the USA will sweep I just don't know in what order.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I just watched the practice video. Mirai, Caroline and Rachel look very, very solid. Caroline and Mirai did a full run through of their SP and they showed a bit of Rachel's then it was over. They were flipping those 3x3's like no tomorrow. I am pretty confident that the USA will sweep I just don't know in what order.

yeah, those girls are talented beyond words!

feraina

Record Breaker
Actually, Mirai had a run-through of her LP. Her 3-3 was really solid! Did she add an ina bauer in the doll-moves sequence? The wooden doll ina bauer is really cute. But she 2-footed the 3F and under-rotated the 3Lp.

I like Caroline's new footwork into the 3lp, and the high-kick right afterwards was really cool! I think she could actually do better with this new SP since it forces out the 3flutz along with the 'e' deduction. I also like her new sit spin, pretty exit. Does the junior SP have a different requirement than the senior SP in terms of spins? How come Caroline changed her sit spin the last minute? She really ran out of space on her slss though -- did she add more steps to it?

I think for the first time I really buy into the "artistry" of Rachael's skating. I feel like her skating has really matured over the last two year, and she also skates with more speed now. Her 3-3 looks as solid as ever. I actually felt like she skated more to her music than Mirai to hers -- I didn't realize Mirai was skating to her own music until half way through the program. The choreography doesn't really come alive until she hits the doll moves.

carolinefan177

On the Ice
:clap:Love, love love Caroline's additions, etc. to Spanish Gypsy! I adore the leg lift after the 3R, very balletic and pretty:love:. Also, the flying sit was nice too!!

Caroline for Gold #2!!

PS: Looks like she is really learning to feel the music!!:clap:

ChrisH

On the Ice
Does the junior SP have a different requirement than the senior SP in terms of spins? How come Caroline changed her sit spin the last minute?
The flying spin must be a sit spin. Only the "prescribed" air position is permitted (I prefer the one Caroline normally does). And perhaps a change of foot can only be done on the flying landing. The last may be why she went back to the cannonball position that she used at Skate America. At Skate America, she also had a nice half-twist position in her sit spin.

She really ran out of space on her slss though -- did she add more steps to it?
The ending of her slss was different at Nationals than it was at her other 4 programs. It was best performed at Skate America. I got the impression that she was dancing and playing "air" instruments there. :)

Caroline also brought back her outside edge spread eagle into her 2A. She's still tentative on the takeoff though.