Seen any good movies lately? | Golden Skate

Seen any good movies lately?

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Last night we went to see "THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN" with Sean Connery, Peta Wilson ("La Femme Nikita"), etc. Despite mediocre reviews, we thought it was a totally fun movie! Today we are taking RG Jr. to "PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN". I have had so little fun time this summer--so this is a welcome opportunity for me! :love: :)

windspirit

On the Ice
I saw "The Piano Teacher" last week (it's a French/Austrian film, directed by Michael Heneke). Quite bizarre (some may say that even disturbing), and certainly not for everyone, but I thought it was rather interesting. What I loved the most were the long shots (and the music, of course). I love European movies, even if for this quality only.

Btw, unfortunately some scenes were cut out of it (very badly, I might add), even though they showed it on cable (on the Sundance channel). :\ They were sex scenes, of course. Why sex is so shocking to the people who decide what's on American tv I'll never know. Even extreme violence seems to be OK; sex and nudity are baaaad.

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
RGal, I'm glad that you liked it. We saw it too and thought it was a kick, despite poor reviews. If you go into a movie with the thought of pure entertainment, that's what you usually get! 42

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
I saw "Pirates of the Caribbean" and the one about the mother and her daughter changing bodies for a day, appropriately called "Freaky Friday". That last one was excellent, indeed. :D

mpal2

Final Flight
I wouldn't call Pirate of the Caribbean the greatest movie ever, but I had a lot of fun watching it. It's a great fluff movie when you don't want to think to hard after a bad week. I will probably get the DVD when it comes out just for some eye candy and total fun.

You'll have to tell me more about the League. I really want to see that one too.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Oooh, we saw "Pirates..." today and it was delicious! Just loved it! Lots of fun. Johnny Depp was hysterical and Orlando Bloom was yummy eye candy! :love:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I just saw "Whale Rider" - see post - it's great. You would love it!