Twizzles in a Biellmann Position? | Golden Skate

Twizzles in a Biellmann Position?

Kypma

Final Flight
My coach was thinking about this the other day; he was wondering whether anyone had ever attempted to do twizzles in a Biellmann position. He's now planning on asking some of the better skaters from the club to try that out, but I figured I'd ask around here. I can't imagine how a skater could do that, but hey, I can't imagine myself doing a quad, either.

Thanks!!

Kypma

Wrlmy

Medalist
If a planned biellmann spin travels a lot toward one direction, would that count?:p

skatergirl45

On the Ice
That sounds VERY hard.
I would suggest to first try it in a catch foot position but I am imagining attempting it right now and YIKES, its hard if not almost impossible.

Kypma

Final Flight
I agree, Skatergirl... I'm waiting until the day he finds someone good enough / crazy enough to try that insanely difficult variation. And to Wrlmy, well, almost but not quite. Maybe if the skater messed up the spin to the point where it became a series of 3 turns, we could rethink that. But I've only seen one person do that, and it was to start a backspin...

Kypma

Marine63

Rinkside
That sounds VERY hard.
I would suggest to first try it in a catch foot position but I am imagining attempting it right now and YIKES, its hard if not almost impossible.

I think more people should do the traveling camel like Rudy Galindo did. It has great effect towards the end of the program!

irinas

Rinkside
It sounds so difficult and dangerous...But,If somebody does it at the competition,It would be so interesting :agree:

sebj

Rinkside
well we can always find a skater who can do a really good biellmanns and really good twizzles. to practice it they can first do a few twizzles holding their blade then just gradually bring it up over their head... i guess :thumbsup:

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
Oh dear lord please NO BIELLMAN TWIZZLES! I'm already sick of all the B'mans in spins and spirals, we don't need them in twizzles! I don't even like the twizzle variation that Davis & White (and maybe Virtue & Moir???) are doing now, and I really don't like the idea of a complete B'man twizzle!