AP article / news | Golden Skate

AP article / news

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Interesting coaching techniques by her new coach, Christy Krall. Sounds like the woman has done her homework - it will be interesting to see how it takes with AP. Hopefully, she'll fix that leg on her spiral too - not pretty.

rachelstarlet

Rinkside
Thanks for the article. I had the priviledge of seeing AP at COI this year and getting her autograph... she was very sweet and kind to all her fans. I wish her the best this season.

TaraFanatic4eva

Rinkside
This is a wonderful article, and I am really so excited to see AP skate this season!! :) She is a total sweetie and I think we can expect a lot from her!!

Personally, I would have given AP third in the USA Nats 03. But I believe the USFSA had it set up that Kwan, Cohen and Hughes would be the 3 for the world team.

I believe now, that AP will be given a third in US Nats since Hughes is not skating. Kwan and Cohen can give their worst skating performances but they will be held up.

Too bad for Bebe, Jenny, Yebin, and NNN.

Joe

skatepixie

On the Ice
hopefully the new coach will get rid of fist pumping. I like ap. but there are somethings she needs work on.

ladybug

On the Ice
At Worlds - Sasha was the favorite to win - Sarah was the Olympic Champ - Michelle...Well never underestimate Michelle so AP really didn't have a chance. This year is a different story. Sarah will not be skating at Nationals and Michelle has not said she will compete so it is possible there will be two spots open for next years Worlds Comp. The way things stand now, Sasha is the only "For Sure" to go to Worlds.

I would like to see AP there next season and if Michelle sits out this year, I would like to see them give Yebin a shot at it.

Without Michelle, both Nationals and Worlds will lose some of their luster. :cry:

dewet

Final Flight
Great article! I feel she will defenitely go to worlds, even though I am rooting for Yebin.

skatepixie

On the Ice
actually, sarah has only said she wont compete in the fall, she hasnt said anything about nats as far as I know......

shine

Record Breaker
Sasha being placed ahead of AP was totally scandelous, especially when Sasha really isn't that much better of a skater than AP. Not that I like AP's skating that much either, but I would say AP has more solid basics than Sasha.

Last edited:

skatepixie

On the Ice
AP seems younger than her age as a skater. Its like shes caught at a crossroads between cute little girl and a full grown skater. She also has a leg wrap. The page with the news even shows it. She also needs help really telling a story. She doesnt seem like worlds material yet, where as sasha has proven herself by placing highly in the GP and Olyms and worlds prior to her poor LP at nats. There are also lots of little things in AP's programs that lack polish. She lacks variety wihin each program. Her LP has the feel of an SP in that it seems like she is just cramming things in allover the place instead of showcasing herself as a skater.

ladybug - I believe all Federations will pick their respective teams for the worlds. If it is dependent on the results of their respective Nats, the Federations, imo, wil ensure that the results of the Nats will reflect their choices for the Worlds.

However, the actual placing of the skaters will be the opinions of the judges.

Imo, Cohen was the favorite in last year's Nats, (and Worlds), so she had to be included in the mix of the Nats placers.

For this coming Nats, Kwan and Cohen will be in the top three at the Nats so they can be in the Worlds. I believe AP is due for the third spot. But this is just the US Association. I also believe the Fedeerations of Japan, Russia and Canada will also pick their top three before the worlds.

Joe

Lucy25

Final Flight
Best of luck to AP this year. I enjoy her skating, although she needs more of a personality on the ice; it just isn't natural with her. I do believe that she is the USFSA's choice for the third spot at Words this season based on her track record so far.