Skate Canada 2008 tickets on sale | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2008 tickets on sale

Tigger

Final Flight
Actually, they've been on sale since November sometime. I've already bought my All Event ticket package. Maybe this is for single event tickets?

I'm just thrilled to death that this year, Skate Canada happens to take place on my birthday. Spending my birthday watching something I adore happening live? Can't get much better than that!! :biggrin:

Antilles

Medalist
I got my tickets in November also. Thanks for the generous offer, fumie. My Mum and I will be staying with friends during the event.

Off topic, does anyone know when the host for the GPF will be announced?

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm sorry this is also slightly off topic, but does anyone know anything about tickets for the Four Continents competition in Vancouver next year? I want to go.

Antilles

Medalist
PaulE, last time the 4CCs were held in Canada, the tickets did not go on sale until a few months before the event. The Skate Canada website will probably announce when the tickets will go on sale. You could also check the Ticketmaster wesbite. They sell the tickets for most skating events.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Antilles, thanks for the info. I guess I'll just have to be patient.

Paul

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
fumie fumie - Why not suggest a meeting in a nearbye pub or restaurant after one of the events?

Joe

Good Idea! Now I need to spec out restaurants or pubs nearby. I never go near Scotia Place. It is usually where Senators games are held and I want no part of the Senators ( The traffic from downtown Ottawa to Scotia Bank place goes crazy at the nights of the games). I will get back to you guys, once I pick a spot for our little meet-up then. Worst comes worst, we can all go to Timmies!

Last edited:

Antilles

Medalist
fumie, I've heard ScotiaBank Place is rather out of the way. Do you know roughly how long a drive it is from downtown Ottawa?

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
About 25-30 minutes from downtown, if you don't get in the traffic, which can be really bad from 3:30PM to 6PM.

Kypma

Final Flight
Skate Canada International Tickets

Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether someone could answer this question of mine. It seems like the website fot buying the tickets is offering me the "best seating available", but I'm getting tickets along the width of the arena. While I'd prefer tickets on the length, it seems like the only ones I can get are 5-6 rows higher up. Is this worth it, or will I see much from the end?

Thanks,

Kypma

Last edited:

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'd get the tickets that you can. Sitting on the end vs. the side just changes the view, depending on your preference, neither is better or worse just different. I like sitting at a corner the best, but that's just me.

jfdw

Rinkside
Hi
I am not sure if this is the proper place to ask this question but it seemed the most logical.

I ordered Skate Canada tickets last fall. I was given a confirmation number. I have had no further contact from Skate Canada. The tickets were supposed to be mailed out in the spring and I have not received mine.

Has anyone else who ordered tickets last fall received theirs? I am getting concerned that they be lost in the mail.

jfdw

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
I ordered my tickets this spring and they said they'd be mailed by Sept. so that might be when yours will come as well. If you have to conformation #, call the provider who sold you the tickets and ask for information. They should be able to tell you.

jfdw

Rinkside
Hi Silver Blades
Thanks for the info. I will rest easier but I think they should not say spring delivery if it is not going to happen.
jfdw

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Just a thought: do you think we'll see Evan "toss" Jeff into the air sometime during the gala? I sincerely hope the answer is yes! :)

EDIT: Now that Jeff's retired, the answer to my previous question is a resounding "No." :no:

Last edited:

Otma

Rinkside
Hi everyone,
Is it difficult to go from a Kanata Hotel to the Scotiabank Place ? I'm not canadian and try to go to Skate Canada, wow... ! I don't have a driving licence either (what ? unbelievable ? :) ) Thanks for your help.

Lilli

Rinkside
There are several hotels in Kanata that would be about a 15 to 30 minute walk from ScotiaBank Place. The closest is Country Inn & Suites.