Jump Comb/SEQ - GOE? | Golden Skate

Jump Comb/SEQ - GOE?

mskater93

Record Breaker
GOE is for the entire thing, so it's not a sum, it's what does the whole thing look like

JewelInTheSun

Rinkside
Hey..
I know what GOE is!
My question is, when a skater maybe has got a 3T+2T and maybe all judges give him at GOE 2 (++). Counts than the GOE of the 3T (2,0) or the GOE of the 2T (1,0)?

mskater93

Record Breaker
It is added to the total of the entire element. So if it's a 3T/2T combo, it's 5.3 for the element BV+2 for a total element score of 7.3

If one is a double and one is a single, the person gets +1

JewelInTheSun

Rinkside
Hey, I think you don't understand my question.
A skater has in his program a 3T+2T combination. Then the judges mark this combo. And maybe all judges give him ++ at the GOE. (I know, it's the grade how he did the element, but he gets points for it!)
Then, the average from 7 judges will be calculated. (9 will be chosen from 12 judges and the highest and lowest mark will not be counted.) But I think the ++ (2) do not count 2. So, you can't take the average of 14 (2).
At a 3T the GOE value is 2 by ++. So, you have an average of 2. (7x2:7)
But at a 2T the GOE value is only 1 by ++. So, you have an average of 1. (7x1:7)
So, my question is at a 3T+2T, counts there the GOE value of the 3T or of the 2T? Or is there any other value?

gkelly

Record Breaker
At a 3T the GOE value is 2 by ++. So, you have an average of 2. (7x2:7)
But at a 2T the GOE value is only 1 by ++. So, you have an average of 1. (7x1:7)
So, my question is at a 3T+2T, counts there the GOE value of the 3T or of the 2T? Or is there any other value?

It's the higher value, in this case the GOE for 3T.

mskater93

Record Breaker
That was what I said, but I gave you the EXACT value of what it would be for your example if you go to the SOV:
3T = 4.0 BV
2T = 1.3 BV
3T/2T combination BV = 5.3
Total GOE given +2
Score for the 3T/2T combination with a +2 GOE is 7.3 (5.3 for the element plus 2 for the GOE)

Last edited:

mskater93

Record Breaker
Yes, the rule is applied the same. I just gave you the specific number for the example you gave

alain707

Rinkside
Another flaw of IJS ...

Hey...
When a jumb combination or sequence consists of jumps that have different GOEs which GOE counts?

Let's go figure out how a jumps combination or sequence can be rated as a single element ... I think it is another flaw of the IJS.
Suppose a skater does a really excellent 3S+3T combo. He or she will get 8.5 pts for the base value and +3 for the GoE, that is 11.5 pts.
Now if the same skater does the same two jumps as individual elements in the program, and performs them as well, he or she will get 4.5 + 3 = 7.5 for the 3S and 4 + 3 = 7 pts for the 3T, so a total of 14.5 pts.

Conclusion : an excellent triple-triple combo is worth 3 points less than the two individual same triples.

This is really downright stupid. It looks like the IJS was set up by people with absolutely no knowledge in mathematics.

vlaurend

Final Flight
I agree that the fairest way to apply GOE would be to give a + or - GOE to each jump in a combination or sequence, not the whole thing. I think this is why you see fewer triple lutzes in combination now, especially from the ladies. If an edge call (flutz) is made, then -GOE is mandatory, and it will apply to the entire combination, not just the lutz portion of the combination.

Last edited: