What college did/do you attend? Major? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

What college did/do you attend? Major?

katherine2001

On the Ice
Actually, I don't work in a library anymore, though I spend a lot of time in them since I love to read. With the price of books these days, I get as many as I can from the library!

Figureskates

On the Ice
RealtorGal, the house is a 110 year old Victorian farmhouse. It still has a lot of the original clapboards. As part of the restoration, I put back a lot of things that were changed. I was lucky to have pictures of the house from the 1930s so I restored the front porch and a lot of the filigree around the eaves that were original to the house. We are looking forward to retiring to Lake Placid in a couple of years. My next challenge is an Adirondack style house.

I am a forecaster for mostly utility clients across the country. No TV or radio stuff, just behind the scenes stuff.

sk8er1964

On the Ice
skatepixie said:
thing is, my desire to learn isnt there. I only want to go because of money and because thats what you are supposted to do.

skatepixie - that's the only reason I went to college (Michigan State University) my first year. I was miserable there (except when I was partying, which I did most of the time) and I ended up with a lousy GPA. My parents made me come home.

Well, I dropped out of college altogether, working in restaurants. Then I decided to join the Navy - six year enlistment.

By the time I was 23, I decided I wanted to go to college (I was still in the Navy then). I got an associates from National University in San Diego, then took more classes at the University of Maryland in London UK. After getting out of the Navy, I finally got my BS in Political Science from Eastern Michigan University, 11 years after I had started at Michigan State.

I earned an MPA (Masters of Public Administration), also from EMU, a few years ago - that took me five years going to school at night.

I guess the moral of my story is that it is never too late to go back to school, if you decide not to go right out of high school. You will know when you are ready.

Chele615

Rinkside
I went to Rivier College which is a very small Catholic college in New Hampshire. I graduated from there a couple of years ago with a Bachelor's degree in Human Development/Elementary Education/Special Education.

I am now working through my Master's program. I am going to grad school at Rivier again and hopefully will have my Master's degree in Learning Disabilities sometime in the near future.

IceCastles1814

Rinkside
I went to the University of San Diego in, of course Sand Diego, CA. It's a small, private, Catholic university. I majored in International Relations and minored in History. I loved the faculy there and the weather is wonderful. The school actually has a beautiful 9/11 memorial in front of the Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice. It's 11 white square blocks, encircling a black marble floor with all the victims names enscribed and then 9 more white square blocks surrounding a fountain. I remember waking up on 9/11 in my dorm and turning on the tv and seeing it and not believing what had happened. I had a Morality and War philosophy class that semester and that was the main thing we debated about the whole semester.

Lucy

K

KaitSk8

I'm a senior this year and I want to go to Butler or Ohio Northern to study Pharmacy and Spanish

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
UCLA - BA German/minor in accounting. After graduation I got my CPA/worked in finance until I realized that finance is boring. I'm now doing finance part time and working toward either a Masters in Nutrition or a Masters in Public Health with an emphasis in nutrition - just depends on which program I get in to. Right now I'm taking the prerequisite chemistry/physics/biology classes.

It's interesting being back in school after some years away. In some ways it's easier - more focus and I think I understand better how to learn (if that makes any sense), but harder in that I've got to be responsible and study when none of my friends are.