2008-2009 Programs by Discipline | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2008-2009 Programs by Discipline

lmarie086

Medalist
Anyone know when we can expect more announcements? Is there a certain time that teams all start to announce at once?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
a lot of top tier skaters don't announce until their first event

otherwise it's normally late summer when the rest make announcements... at least it seems to be that way. You'll have rumors for months, though, as some members are able to view practice sessions and such.

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
I wonder if Melissa and Denis will keep their FD from last year. I hope so, since they never got to perform it at all. I hope they will.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I wonder if Melissa and Denis will keep their FD from last year. I hope so, since they never got to perform it at all. I hope they will.

me too, it sounded interesting

but hey, as long as they are both happy and healthy I don't care what they skate to, just so that they're back and ready to skate! :rock:

jyshin

On the Ice
Medelssohn Violin Concerto for V/M?

I saw a very short clip of Virtue/Moir rehearsing for Festa on Ice in Seoul... and think I heard a scale passage from the 3rd movement of Mendelssohn Violin Concerto. I am wondering if this is what they used for their CSOI performance...

The following is the link to the clip which shows their rehearsal for about 4 seconds (1:08~).
http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=055&article_id=0000128792

npa

Match Penalty
I saw a very short clip of Virtue/Moir rehearsing for Festa on Ice in Seoul... and think I heard a scale passage from the 3rd movement of Mendelssohn Violin Concerto. I am wondering if this is what they used for their CSOI performance...

The following is the link to the clip which shows their rehearsal for about 4 seconds (1:08~).
http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=055&article_id=0000128792

I cant watch this video. Maybe it wasnt there music
Maybe i can find this video on youtube?

jyshin

On the Ice
:think: hmm...
went back to youtube, but no luck there...
In that case, why not try
i) Internet Explorer, firefox doesn't work.
ii) once you are there, click underneath Yuna Kim's picture.
Hope it works!

jyshin

On the Ice
^ Yeap @ 0:46~
(you are really fast:thumbsup:)

So, that's their CSOI ballet number...

I read that Korean netizens lovingly call them "Vir-Mo-ne" and now the media is highlighting them as the "Fantastic Couple" after the name of the popular Korean TV drama.:biggrin:

Last edited:

npa

Match Penalty
^ Yeap @ 0:46~
(you are really fast:thumbsup:)

So, that's their CSOI ballet number...

I read that Korean netizens lovingly call them "Vir-Mo-ne" and now the media is highlighting them as the "Fantastic Couple" after the name of the popular Korean TV drama.:biggrin:

O, its look like they are very popular in Korea :rock:Its really good for them :biggrin:I like korean fans - they love all skaters and they are very sweet :biggrin:

jyshin

On the Ice
V/M ballet Ex = BTH "Spring" Sonata

Now it is clear which music V/M are skating their ballet exhibition number to...
It is the 1st movement of the Violin Sonata No.5 "Spring" by Beethoven.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Now it is clear which music V/M are skating their ballet exhibition number to...
It is the 1st movement of the Violin Sonata No.5 "Spring" by Beethoven.

i would like to see that... any news on their freedance??

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Jeremy Abbott has posted his 2008-09 program information on his official site:
Short Program
Music: Adagio in G Minor by Tomaso Giovanni Albinoni
Choreographer: Catarina Lindgren Dickson

Free Skate
Music: Eight Seasons Tangos by Astor Piazzolla (variations of Vivaldi's Four Seasons)
Choreographer: Tom Dickson

jyshin

On the Ice
npa

No magic! I watched the online version of SBS real time broadcast of Festa on Ice. Scott and Tessa skated between Takahashi's Swan Lake and Johnny Weir's number. The ballet program was basically the rearrangement of their usual movements to different concept and music with the prop(!). It had a clean and controlled quality that let the audience stop screaming and watch them 'skating.' Although they took the risk of understating themselves in a show filled with dramatic and cheesy numbers, I thought they displayed their strength rooted in ballet really well and their sibling-like partner relationship. It gave me an impression that they are very level-headed... They have a good sense of who they are and where they are. It was getting too late and I couldn't stay awake after Weir. However, I have to say I went to bed very satisfied :)

Tinymavy15

As a matter of fact, their performance just came up online. Just click under the picture. Enjoy!
http://news.sbs.co.kr/section_news/news_read.jsp?news_id=N1000418101

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
Thank you Sylvia! I cannot wait to see Jeremy's programs for next year; I love his skating.

Oh and I've read on fsuniverse that Wester/Baranstev's OD will be the 1940s. I see them doing very well with this.

npa

Match Penalty
npa

No magic! I watched the online version of SBS real time broadcast of Festa on Ice. Scott and Tessa skated between Takahashi's Swan Lake and Johnny Weir's number. The ballet program was basically the rearrangement of their usual movements to different concept and music with the prop(!). It had a clean and controlled quality that let the audience stop screaming and watch them 'skating.' Although they took the risk of understating themselves in a show filled with dramatic and cheesy numbers, I thought they displayed their strength rooted in ballet really well and their sibling-like partner relationship. It gave me an impression that they are very level-headed... They have a good sense of who they are and where they are. It was getting too late and I couldn't stay awake after Weir. However, I have to say I went to bed very satisfied :)

Tinymavy15

As a matter of fact, their performance just came up online. Just click under the picture. Enjoy!
http://news.sbs.co.kr/section_news/news_read.jsp?news_id=N1000418101

Thank you! I really like this number. And look like Scott and Tessa like this dance! Thank you! :agree::rock:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Short Program
Music: Adagio in G Minor by Tomaso Giovanni Albinoni
Choreographer: Catarina Lindgren Dickson

Free Skate
Music: Eight Seasons Tangos by Astor Piazzolla (variations of Vivaldi's Four Seasons)
Choreographer: Tom Dickson

Oh yes, fantastic choices! I love the fact that he always has different styles for his short and long, and he always uses at least one classical piece and Albinoni is just great. I also adore him for using real music - and that's not supposed to sound snobby, I am just tired of all these soundtracks, modern pseudo-classical music etc. Now I can't wait to see Abbott's programs next season! :rock:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
I also adore him for using real music - and that's not supposed to sound snobby, I am just tired of all these soundtracks, modern pseudo-classical music etc.
Actually, one of my favorite programs of Abbott's is his SP to a piece from the "American Beauty" film soundtrack ;) (2007 Four Continents performance, which is on youtube).

Now I can't wait to see Abbott's programs next season!
He's currently scheduled to compete in two club comps -- at the Broadmoor Open at the end of June and at Liberty in mid-July. :rock:

Oh and I've read on fsuniverse that Wester/Baranstev's OD will be the 1940s. I see them doing very well with this.
W/B's FD music was originally posted in this thread -- here's the link to their official site where their 2008-09 music is published.

Last edited: