2008-2009 Programs by Discipline | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2008-2009 Programs by Discipline

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Check out his SP scores, two new personal bests in the 80s (3 counting nationals, 82.05) - 81.55 at CoC and 84.06 at 4Cs Even with the quad, those scores wouldn’t have happened without some awesome strong 3As—and 3Ls for that matter. Simply put, in the SP he had more time between jumps so they were more spot on in delivery.
A note on scores - from what I gather, 4CCs this year was very generously scored, to the point where if you were present and skated a competent program, you'd leave with a personal best. I'm not sure scores from there should be taken that much more seriously than Nats. That having been said, I didn't see Evan skate at all this year, so I can't judge the quality of his jumps.

What he has done is study and learn from them on the way to being the best Lysacek he can be, and I think adding TT to his team is a very positive step in that direction.
There, I agree. Evan is not a favorite skater of mine, nor is he likely to become one, but I'd rather see a competition in which everyone skates well, not one in which people wind up on the podium by virtue of not being as bad as the others (e.g. 2006 Olys). It seems as though many of the contenders in the men's have identified things they need to work on for next season, and as a fan, I hope to see them succeed. Though I'm not likely to see much of anything, with Worlds taking place in LA in the middle of the night :scowl:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree. I think this could be a good move for Lysacek, but he's not going to be as good as Yagudin at expressing himself, and he's not at that level technically, either. Yags may be a masculine skater, but he was and still is much more elegant and graceful on the ice than Lysacek. .
That is the biggest difference between Alexei and Evan. I just hoped that Tatianna can do something for Evan that I can enjoy his programs. Doing high kicks, and arms flailing all over the place was just miserable for me to watch.

Dee

How certain are we that Evan will not express himself on the ice?

I remember Alexei who was rather skating by the numbers until Tarassova took over. He did remember before TT of his then rival, Kulic, and that's why he approached TT.

I think we'll see something more at SA., and for Nats, Lori will perk his routine. He's not a fan of mine but it's always nice to see definite improvements in any skater.

merrybari

Final Flight
How certain are we that Evan will not express himself on the ice?

I remember Alexei who was rather skating by the numbers until Tarassova took over. He did remember before TT of his then rival, Kulic, and that's why he approached TT.

I think we'll see something more at SA., and for Nats, Lori will perk his routine. He's not a fan of mine but it's always nice to see definite improvements in any skater.

I think he already is very expressive on the ice. He did say he planned to keep the same team and work with Lori but is adding TT for a new perspective. I suspect she'll give him all that and more, doing the same for him as for others in terms of giving what is uniquely Lysacek a new and more lyrical/smoother look to go along with the athletic/technical he already excels with.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
my two cents?

Evan had a great SP at 4CC this year. I think it was the best he skated it all season.

Evan made a GREAT move going to Tatianna. She brings out the best in everyone and i bet that we will see some of her marvelous footwork mixed in there with his "flapping arms, kicking legs" and lightning fast twizzles.

merrybari

Final Flight
my two cents?

Evan had a great SP at 4CC this year. I think it was the best he skated it all season.

Evan made a GREAT move going to Tatianna. She brings out the best in everyone and i bet that we will see some of her marvelous footwork mixed in there with his "flapping arms, kicking legs" and lightning fast twizzles.

Well said! :agree:

:thumbsup::thumbsup: for his twizzles and wow, what she can add to his already electric footwork will be something awesome to see!

On a side note, I find nothing wrong with his arm movements and think he has one of the best hitch kicks in the business. For me, both add to the drama and passion to the story he tells. :clap:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
How does Lori figure into this other than she has worked with him in the past... I would think Evan and Frank would be tweaking it, not Lori.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
I read it somewhere Yuna will be skating to the music Miki Ando skated to a few seasons ago. Yu-na said in an interview with Korean media that she picked the music that is fairly well-known so that the audience can recognize and register into.

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
I read it somewhere Yuna will be skating to the music Miki Ando skated to a few seasons ago. Yu-na said in an interview with Korean media that she picked the music that is fairly well-known so that the audience can recognize and register into.

I hope it's Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence....

merrybari

Final Flight
How does Lori figure into this other than she has worked with him in the past... I would think Evan and Frank would be tweaking it, not Lori.

I'm not sure how that will work either but this is a quote from the IceNet news item about his training with TT.

"It's easy in skating to get into a routine, where you do the same type of programs every year," Lysacek said. "I called Tatiana because I wanted to refresh my image and do something different."

Lysacek maintains he's going to continue to work with Lori Nichol, who choreographed both his programs this past season. "I'm keeping the same team but enhancing it with a new perspective," Lysacek said.

That's all I know.

Speculation:
Could be he'll go to Toronto or that Lori will come to LA at some point.

discoduck

On the Ice
Oh I can't wait to see this! If it's the violin piece I'm thinking of from Schindler's List, it's beautiful and put together with Albinoni's Adagio.....:rock: It should be stunning!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Hmm, perhaps Madame Butterfly?

Probably. I don't think it will be Carmen because Yu-na already did that as a junior. Madame Butterfly sounds like a very predictable choice for her...i am somewhat disappointed.

Probably. I don't think it will be Carmen because Yu-na already did that as a junior. Madame Butterfly sounds like a very predictable choice for her...i am somewhat disappointed.
I'll allow for her to do that potboiler but if she stabs herself at the end I will put her in last place. :banging:

tangos

Rinkside
Any info on music dance teams are using? Should be kind of fun to see all the ods! Also looking forward to the free dances.