Yu-Na Kim Documentary on YouTube | Golden Skate

Yu-Na Kim Documentary on YouTube

jyshin

On the Ice
:) CalebsMom Thank you for the post! I appreciate it.
:clap:Also, great job translating by the "Yuna Forum" people.

It was awesome to watch the footages of Wilson and Orser.
They make a great team for Yuna, and I will never forget how giving these people are...:bow:
The part that moved me the most was her Korean coach asking Wilson if he could make her a 'happy' skater.:yes:

Last edited:

gourry

Final Flight
:)It was awesome to watch the footages of Wilson and Orser.
They make a great team for Yuna, and I will never forget how giving these people are...:bow:
The part that moved me the most was her Korean coach asking Wilson if he could make her a 'happy' skater.:yes:

ITA. It was very touching.
I'm also very impressed with Wilson's dancing and singing!:laugh:
I wonder how other choreographers work with skaters.

McWicked

On the Ice
Love it, but i didnt like much Tarasova's comment... & im so lovin the new scorin system, like it bein more objective.

Wrlmy

Medalist
I heard Wilson is very good friend with Yu-Na, more so than Brian Orser. They spend time together not just on the ice. I wonder how he works with other skaters. According to the documentary, their relationship seems very special like Michelle had with Lori before she left.
Thanks yuna forum ppl for wonderful translation! I love watching documentaries on skaters:)

Bennett

Record Breaker
I enjoyed the interviews with coaches and choreographers most. They even talked to Tarasova to create this documentary. That's amazing. I absolutely adored Wilson's interviews. He is not only an artist, but also so much fun!

enlight78

Medalist
I really enjoyed thid documentary with all the interviews and graphics. I would love to see some on the other elite skaters.

jyshin

On the Ice
A side note from the producer regarding Virtue and Moir

O, its look like they(Virtue/Moir) are very popular in Korea :rock:Its really good for them :biggrin:I like korean fans - they love all skaters and they are very sweet :biggrin:

While Yuna Kim is the current phenomenon hitting the Korean peninsula like a storm, the figure skating is rapidly becoming one of the most talked about sports nowadays. With Yuna as the indisputable favorite here, favorites in other disciplines are constantly discussed and elaborated as well; there are Daisuke Takahashi, Jeffery Buttle, Johnny Weir... only to name a few. However, in ice-dance, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir seem to be the names that recur more often than any others. Even the SBS news, introducing Festa on Ice the night before the event, reflected their increasing popularity in Korea by closing with the clip of Moir talking about how he was looking forward to perform in front of the Korean audience.

The clip was an except from the mini interview of both Virtue and Moir conducted by Lee S. H., the SBS reporter, who also produced the recent SBS documentary on Yuna Kim aired in March nationwide. Lee posted a side note next to the online version of the original interview, which was essentially his personal introduction of this team. Lee said he did not know anything about figure skating until shooting the documentary, therefore, having to learn many unfamiliar terms while surfing through figure skating websites mostly related to Yuna. He said one of the 'terms' that he often ran into but never really understood until recently was "Vir-Mo" or "Vir-Mo-ne" that referred to Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir.
It turned out that many Korean fans began to recognize "Vir-Mo-(ne)" ever since they won the JGPF and JWch in the same year Yuna won both of the events. Then, it was their performances at the 4CC held in Korea, that Koreans were instantly drawn into like Lee, himself, did.
In the end of his note, Lee reluctantly stated Virtue and Moir are a beautiful couple perfect for each other... and went on to express that their performance of Cherburg threw such a huge impact on him, and lead him to believe that this team will become the force to be reckoned with in the world of ice-dance in the near future.

Last edited:

all that

Final Flight
In the end of his note, Lee reluctantly stated Virtue and Moir are a beautiful couple perfect for each other... and went on to express that their performance of Cherburg threw such a huge impact on him, and lead him to believe that this team will become the force to be reckoned with in the world of ice-dance in the near future.

Thank you for the information jyshin. Curious -- why was Lee "reluctant" about his statement?

jyshin

On the Ice
^ Actually, I should have done without that word... :p

For an interview that was supposedly televised nationally, it was unusual to find a personal introduction with quiet and sincere tone set by a conservative Korean man.
This was the my point.