Please ID Skater In These Pics For Me... | Golden Skate

Please ID Skater In These Pics For Me...

R.D.

Record Breaker
Please ID Skater In These Pics For Me...*DONE*

need some help here...these are from my collection...I know there's been a problem with sources so as soon as someone helps me out I will remove the image links. I hope it's OK for the moment though...Need to know because I'm sorting out old photos tossed in Misc. now that I have dedicated folders to some new skaters now.

*Both pics ID'ed and thus deleted. Thanks guys!*

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks...after doing closer analysis (comparison with a pic of Ashley) it does seem to be her (same shape nose, similar shape teeth, similar color eyes). The pics aren't high enough resolution for me to be 100% sure but I think I'm 85-90% sure it's her. I moved the pic to her folder. I'll leave the pic in the post though so I can get a second opinion...

The first one is still fair game.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks guys, appreciate your help. Second pic has now been removed as its subject has been all but confirmed. Looks like the first stays in misc...

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
You've never heard of 2002 Olympic gold medalist Elena Berezhnaya? ;)

To me, it doesn't look like her at all, but if the person that ID'ed her has seen her in that costume, then it can't be disputed! I would have said it looks more like Alijona S, but I have no idea!

^ Michelle Kwan working her way through college at the local hardware store!

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
You've never heard of 2002 Olympic gold medalist Elena Berezhnaya? ;)

ok, yeah, yeah I remember now :eek: elena and anton right? :rolleye: it's been quite a while, and remember, I only followed skating closely AFTER the 2002 Olympics...

R.D.

Record Breaker
To me, it doesn't look like her at all, but if the person that ID'ed her has seen her in that costume, then it can't be disputed! I would have said it looks more like Alijona S, but I have no idea!

If there is confusion I will put the photo back up again. I don't think it is Aliona Savchenko(sp?) (is that who you are referring to?) because I have hi-res photos of her and this skater does not seem to have her face (or body type) at all. Could be wrong, though.

Last edited:

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
ok, yeah, yeah I remember now :eek: elena and anton right? :rolleye: it's been quite a while, and remember, I only followed skating closely AFTER the 2002 Olympics...

Oh, my, 2002 "quite a while" ??????????????? Bringer of COP, only the Olympics before last, only 6 years ago? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

2002 is like yesterday in my skating fandom. Red Dog, I believe you must have the good fortune to be very young right now.

Back to the photo, the face does look a bit like Elena, but it's hard to tell. As s/o said, is that known to be one of her costumes?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Hey, hey...at 21, 6 years IS a while. However, I'm reaching the point in my life where time is starting to really fly by. I imagine it only gets worse as you get older?

I imagine it only gets worse as you get older?
Naw, it gets better. After a while you can't remember what happened 6 months ago, much less 6 years.

Once you hit sixty, two things happen.

1. Your memory starts to go; and

2. Your memory starts to go. :yes:

Edited to add: PS. Speaking of Anton Sikharudlidze, he was recently elected to the Duma (Russian Parliament) as chairman of the Commitee on Physical Culture, Sport and Youth.

Last edited:

kittyjake5

On the Ice
The first photo does not have Elena's body type. I remember seeing her in a skating show in Russia ( on youtube) a few months after the baby was born she did a brief pairs number with Steven Cousin but her costume was different. RD do you remember when the photo was taken?