Numbers can be deceiving | Golden Skate

Numbers can be deceiving

enlight78

Medalist
This past worlds had about an equal amount of past medalists in the women's and men's event.
Women's had 5 with
mao asada-2
yuna kim-2
carolina kostner-2
miki ando-1
kimmie miesner-1

Men's had 4 with(would have been 5 if Evan wasn't injured or if you count Weir)
Lambiel-3
Joubert-3
Buttle-2
Takahashi-1

Yet I think most would agree that the men's feild is currently is and was a lot deeper, and competitive for the past three seasons. I don't know, what do you guys think?

merrybari

Final Flight
Yet I think most would agree that the men's feild is currently is and was a lot deeper, and competitive for the past three seasons. I don't know, what do you guys think?

I agree. Men's field has been and is the deepest and most competitive. Is becoming - HAS become - the headline event imo.

[side bar]: Wish networks would treat it as such.

I agree. Asada/Kim twins are almost indistinguishable.
That may be an exaggeration, but I know what you mean.

It seems like there is a roll reversal in figure skating. Take costumes, for instance. In "real life," men always try to dress alike, whether it be a business suit for the office or a Hawaiian shirt and sandals (with black socks! :laugh: ) for lounging on the beach. Ladies, on the other hand, try to wear something distinctive that makes them stand out from the crowd.

In skating, it's the opposite. All ladies wear basically the same uniform -- and skate pretty much a "uniform" program. The men, on the other hand, like to strut their feathers. :cool:

enlight78

Medalist
Next year at worlds the Men's Event might have six world madalist and three world champions going for gold. I'm already syke for the next season. I'll guess the Tennis will have to hold be up till october.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
The men's event is the most interesting of the two. I think that way too many ladies lack individual personnality and are all doing the same thing. Men try to be more original be it concerning their constumes, their music, their interpretation. The men's field is much more rich, it has more personnalities. How many of the current top ladies will be remembered because of their skating, thier style and not just be a name on a list of medalists?