Summer Blockbusters | Golden Skate

Summer Blockbusters

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
There are a lot of hyped up movies this summer - as always.

The LONG awaited Indiana Jones 4 is out later this month. Iron Man comes out this weekend? or next?

Then there's The Dark Knight which has Heath Ledger in his final role (and reportedly the one that started his dark spiral that led to his death)

and those are just the three that come to the top of my head...

so which summer movies are you busting at the seams to see?

The only one that I am definitely going to see in theaters this summer is Indy 4. I wasn't old enough to get into the Indy mania in the 80s (I was barely a year old when the Last Crusade came to theaters) and it's going to be awesome to see an Indy movie on the big screen. I have every faith that Spielberg and Ford will not disappoint (Lucas I know can disappoint, I'm still not over the Star Wars Prequils disaster).

so what do you want to see?

Antilles

Medalist
I'm most interested in Indiana Jones. It will be the first one I've seen on a big screen. Come to think of it, I'm surprised they didn't re-release the others as a cash-grab and a way to generate more buzz.

I'm also waiting for Sex in the City, Mamma Mia (loved the musical), and Dark Night. While I'm interested in seeing Ledger's performance, I'm mostly interested because it has Cillian Murphy, one of my favourite actors, and Christian Bale, some of my favourite eye-candy. ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think one of the reasons they didn't re-release the others is because this 4th one's budget was HUGE (they went over, I think) and as it stands Ford, Spielberg, and Lucas will only make money if this thing is a mega hit....

the cost it would take to produce and distribute would be another expense they don't need.

I can't believe I forgot about Disney/Pixar's new movie WALL-E!!!!!! He looks absolutely adorable... June 27th is gonna be good! :biggrin:

heyang

Record Breaker
I'll be seeing Sex In the City with me friends from work on May 30th since we get out of work at 12:30 on Friday's.

Also, will be taking my niece and nephew to see Prince Caspain (Narnia II) which opens on May 16th. I'll probably wait til after Memorial Day to avoid the initial crowds.

Edited to add - Indy 4, too, of course.