Any news on Lang and Tchernichev???? | Golden Skate

Any news on Lang and Tchernichev????

S

Skatefan33

Any news on Lang and Tchernichev????

Anyone has news to report on them, for their career???

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

Re: Any news on Lang and Tchernichev????

I'm sure it's being discussed in the L/T GP thread... but I haven't heard anything but rumors... so I'm not worried as of yet

no news is good news

J

Joesitz

They are listed in the revised Assignments.

Joe

N

nymkfan51

Joe ... I noticed that too. I pray they don't split up. They are such a beautiful pair, and I think might actually have a chance of moving up. I'm also hoping that no news is good news. The way I look at it ... if they were 100% sure they were not going to skate together anymore ... why wouldn't they make some official type of announcment? Maybe they just have alot of questions regarding where and how much they want to skate, and don't want to say anything until they're sure. Let's hope so.

S

shdotz

What's a "Revised Assignment"?

Weren't they once together off the ice as well as on the ice?

sh

S

shdotz

I just looked up a schedule for the fall of 2003;

Lang/Tchernyshev have three (3) postings.

That's good news for me!

sh

T

thvudragon

Hmm... well according to the ISU, L&T are no longer seeded and have no GP events as their spots have already been given to other skaters, but the USFSA still has them listed. Lol, I don't know what to think at the moment.

TV

S

someonein2003

L/T

When was the last time the ISU updated their GP assisgnments? Is there a revise list in who is going to Skate America?

S

Skatefan33

Re: .

I am so sad now, and was so happy the other day this week when I saw on the USFSA site that Lang and Tchernichev are still on their list when the list was updated on the 26 but I do not know why they are not on the ISU assignments list. It is quite confusing, I am so anxious to see what will happen.

I really thought that they would stick around till the next olympics in Turin 2006. If they continue to improve they are a good chance for a medal at the olympics since Bourne and Kraatz has broken the ice by winning the first ever gold medal at the World championships by an american.

I truly hope that they will stick around untill then. Since the 2002 olympics, so many dance teams has retired or turned pro, now we do not have the same debt in ice dance then before the olympics but boy will it get better until the next olympics.

So the only thing we can do now, is wait and wait for the good or bad news, I would prefer good. They are already missed since the last two years, we did not see them that much.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:navy;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">While I enjoy their performances, I have never been all that impressed with them because they never seemed to really improve from year to year. On the other hand, Belbin & Agosto, for example, improve all the time. I find that exciting.</span>

K

Kara Bear

I think B&A will rapidly advance ahead of L&T and be the contenders for a medal in 2006.

S

Smiley0884

re:

Well B/A won't be at Turino in 2006. I wish people would stop getting ahead of themselves already. L/T have improved throughout injuries from the past 2-3 years, Peter used to do most of the footwork, now it's Naomi that does the circular footwork. Peter is already the best ice dancer in the world, period. And I don't think anyone that's around now will ever reach his level, except maybe Massimo Scali. L/T have come a long way, despite what people would like to believe.

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

Re: News on Lang and Tchernichev????

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>If they continue to improve they are a good chance for a medal at the olympics since Bourne and Kraatz has broken the ice by winning the first ever gold medal at the World championships by an american.
[/quote]
you mean North American, don't you? because Shae and Vic are Canadian(or am I just not understanding what you said ? :lol: )

as for Tanith and Ben... why won't they be? how long does it take to become a US citizen?

M

mathman444

Yeah, the first win by a North American. But then, too, I don't think that any South Americans have won it either.

Canadians don't like it when people from the U.S. try to grab exclusive rights to the word "American." Ironic that there should be a big fight over who gets to honor the name of a 15th century Italian (Amerigo Vespucci) who's claim to fame is that he "discovered" Brazil!

Mathman

T

thvudragon

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>www.usfsa.org/team/assign.htm?siteid=983

This web address will take you to this coming year's skating schedule. L/T is scheduled.

Check it out. [/quote]

Uhmm, I'm under the assumption that L&T are not going to do the GP this year, since the ISU has already taken them off the list, have moved up other skaters as seeded, and have already filled in their spots.

Hmm... B&A can't compete in 2006 since Tanith won't be a US citezen by then. Hmm... I don't think they're a shoe-in for any Olympic, or World medal at this point. I expect many teams to move ahead of them. Also, I feel L&T are very underrated in terms of US Dance. B&A = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JMO,
TV

M

mathman444

Somewhat off topic, is Jamie Silverstein still in skating?

Mathman

L

Lcp88

I was wondering about that too, Mathman. I didn't see her name at any qualifing events, but I know she's still at the Detroit Skate Club. Someone mentioned she was coaching, but I'm not sure. I hope she gets back into competitive skating, though. She was really good with all her former partners.
Laura

L

Linny

Amerigo Vespucci

Didn't the two continents end up being called the Americas, not because of Vespucci's discovery, but because he scrawled his name across the first attempt at a map of this hemisphere (assuming, that is, that the native Americans hadn't already made a map)?

Linny