Khokhlova and Novitski article | Golden Skate

Khokhlova and Novitski article

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jana Khokhlova and Sergei Novitski and their spectacular Night on Bald Mountain free dance were the talk of the 2007-08 season. The Russian team drew a lot of attention with this exciting program where Khokhlova portrayed a witch, while partner Novitski took on the role of a demon.

More

Clover

Rinkside
Thank you for posting this. I am a new poster here and I really enjoyed this article. In fact, I joined so I could post this. I am a big fan of K/N - they have totally re-vitalized Ice Dance for me. It's like the classic days of old - powerful, emotional programs that really stay in your mind. Programs that are Dances - that form an artistic whole - not just a bunch of elements linked together. I really :bow: to them as Artists on Ice, not just skaters.

I can't wait to see what they do next year. I'm hoping it will be something softer and more lyrical - judges like to see variety. This is my favorite team right now and I really hope they can improve on their placing this year. I'm encouraged that they went right back to work after Worlds - I'm hoping they'll be super-prepared for next season.

Again, thank you so much for posting that.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
''"The new free dance is almost finished except for the last 20 seconds," coach Alexander Svinin said at an exhibition gala in Moscow on May 14. But he wouldn't reveal the music yet.''

I so wish they would reveal what music they were using.. I always love finding out which music skaters are using next season:yes:. Night on a Bald Mountain will be hard to beat though.