Summer Job... | Golden Skate

Summer Job...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
...not that anyone worries when I get quiet on here ;) but just wanted to share what I've been up to - it's teh same job that I had last summer, and I'm still loving it, though it seems to be less... simple... this year. I've been having a really rough week, but I think that's because I'm a bit overworked (which is what happened last year when we were starting up.) I haven't had a true day off yet, and won't until Sunday, but the people I work with and for have been as understanding as possible about it. I really appreciate who I work for and with, it's been a blessing.

Anyway, the show is new in many ways from last year, which is one of my many frustrations, here I thought I'd have it easy! :laugh: Oh well, I love the dogs and the people and it is coming together.

Anyway, here are the pics - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=53088&l=65fd3&id=733500663 - more to come as the summer progresses, of course!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for sharing the pics, Toni, and best of luck with the job this summer. Hope you also have some time to relax. :bow::)

I hope things get more familiar and settled for you so you can really enjoy it! And hope a day off comes soon!

I've been absent from the forums, too. First I was busy getting ready for company, then a day trip with said company. Now a heat wave is keeping me holed up in the a/c so I've been on-line a lot but I'm working on some special projects. We kept not only 1 kitten but also the Momma of the family we found in the barn. The boys went to Massachusetts and were adopted this past weekend--together, to indoor only home that will NOT declaw! I'm writing up a story and gathering pictures to go with it that will be posted on the home page of the lady who hosts the cat forum I post at over on About.com. Integration between the kitten and Momma is going both well and rough. My oldest cat, Philly, is NOT happy about it at all!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
good to hear about the kitties, Patch

work is going better, I finally got weekends off (yay!) and the show has come together and is pretty much seamless! :) we're all enjoying it a lot, though I wish I could get them to give me a full 8 hours of work... oh well, something to whine about later to the boss, I can't really beg for more time (and more money) when we aren't even breaking even yet...

In some ways, I wish I could find a part time job (really part time, no more than 20 hours a week, 15 would be better) NEARBY so I wouldn't waste a fortune on gas, and that I'd ENJOY.

I was hoping by now the first boy I babysat would have his own kid for me to babysit. That private day care I did REALLY SPOILED me. I do sometimes get bored but the idea of going out of the house to WORK for someone else really annoys, frightens and doesn't interest me too much!

I'm glad you are getting weekends off and the job is going a lot smoother now for you Toni!
Don't worry too much about more hours, you have all your life to work. You're still young, enjoy the hours you have off!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
kinda need teh hours for the money so I can afford school and travel... otherwise it wouldn't bug me... I don't plan on having a real job come September, I'll be purchasing a business license and will be starting up a business in photography... hopefully