I Sold My House | Golden Skate

I Sold My House

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Finally. Not nearly as much as I feel I should get. Now I need to find one. Really hard to find one with a laundry on the main floor. Maybe some prayers?
It took 10 months!!!

I guess the bright side is, with the housing market in a downturn, even if you didn't get as much as you hoped when you sold, you should be able to find a new house at a reasonable price. Good luck!

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I got a new job in a town about 40 minutes away from my old condominium, so I decided to move. I bought a new condo before I sold the old one. I hired a realtor and made some repairs on the old unit. I must have put about $6,000 woth of work into the place. So last month, I sold at very near the price I was asking. Prices at my old location had gone up considerably, even with the housing slump, and I was able to pay off my new mortgage with the profits. :biggrin:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Actually, there is one I am looking at but it needs all new flooring and painting. The people have not taken care of it at all. I will have to ask for a lower price as I only have what I am getting for this one to pay for it. The mortgage was paid off around 1980.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats on selling your house, Grgranny. :party: Best of luck finding another suitable house. Hope you get a good deal during these tough times. ;)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats on selling your house, Grgranny. :party: Best of luck finding another suitable house. Hope you get a good deal during these tough times. ;)
I agree!!! Something will come along!!

Dee

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Good Luck grgranny! My daughter & her husband recently sold their house after having it on the market for only 1 month & they got the price they were aiming for. She credits HGTV for all the tips they give on how to sell your home quickly. It helps, financially, if you can do most of the work on updating yourself.

heyang

Record Breaker
congrats, GrGranny. I know you've been planning this for a while now. 10 months is not bad in the general overall market.

My co-worker has a house in Bridgewater, NJ that's been on the market for almost 2 years now. He and his family moved to another place in Morristown. They are paying for mortgages on both. Yikes!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I put a bid on the house that needs all the new flooring and it was accepted! So now I won't be homeless. :rofl:
I am excited but sure am going to be busy for the next few months. So scary. It's going to be very tedious as everything has to be done by a certain date to get moved in and out, etc.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good for you, Grgranny! :party:

It's a lot of work, that's for sure. Wishing you the best!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
We close on both houses Friday. Mind boggling. Slept one hour. Haven't found anyone to help with estate sale yet. People I wanted can't do it then, the 8th &
9th. Most of the big outfits are crooks. Hope to move Aug. 4. Don't know how I'm going to get through all this.
Supposed to be 100 today!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://www.craigslist.org

I sold a bunch of stuff on craigslist for free.

The buyers arrive, give you green cash, do not haggle about the price, and take the stuff away.

Have your ad perfect and with photos when you first put it up, because you will get most action in the first day or 2.

It's wonderful.

I sold a living room chair and a desk chair just the other day.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Bad news. The offer just fell through. The appraiser compared it to some other houses in town that are very much below what my house is and the people couldn't come up with enough money. :cry::cry::cry::disapp::frown: Why the appraiser waited almost two weeks to let us know two days before closing, I don't know.
Do have someone looking Friday that have seen it twice and the way the realtor talked they would come up with the money. Hope, Hope.

Buzzz

Final Flight
((((((((((((((((((Grgranny)))))))))))))))))))))

I am going to keep you in my prayers and hope that everything goes well for you Friday!

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I'm a little confused. You and the buyer agreed on a price. What does an appraiser matter at that point?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If it's the bank's appraiser,

the bank won't issue a mortgage if the house doesn't appraise .

Banks in CT are being very conservative with their appraisals just now, because house prices are dropping, not rising.