Classic Westerns | Golden Skate

Classic Westerns

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I love Westerns! I especially love the Clint Eastwood "Spaghetti" Westerns - "A Fistful Of Dollars" "For A Few Dollars More" and "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly." I love the way Sergio Leone explodes the western "myth." Of course, the music by Ennio Morricone makes them classic as well. "Once Upon The Time In The West" is also a Sergio Leone western starring Henry Fonda, Jason Robards and Charles Bronson. The music is hauntingly beautiful - once again composed by Ennio Morricone.

Of course, John Houston is THE big name in Hollywood westerns. I love his movies as well -

Red River
The Searchers

Actually it's JOHN FORD!!!! Forgetting my history! He is THE biggest name in Hollywood Westerns!!!!

William Welmans'
The Oxbow Incident starring Henry Fonda - one of the finest westerns ever made and that I have ever seen.

How the West Was Won
Cat Balloo (great comic Western!)
High Noon
Shane
Shoot Out At the OK Corral
Billy The Kid
Lonesome Dove

I also love all the tv westerns like "Wagon Train" "Rawhide" (Clint Eastwood) "Death Valley Days" "Maverick" "Bonanza"

"Yippe Yi Yea! Ghost Riders In the Sky"

Last edited:

Pookie

Final Flight
I love John Wayne westerns, just about all of them.
Jimmy Stewart has done great westerns. (Of course, I think he is just great!)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Warlock with Henry Fonda and Anthony Quinn is a really good one.
Once Upon a Time in the West is really good, too. The music is beautiful.
Lonesome Dove is one of the finest westerns ever. Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones were so fantastic, as was the rest of the cast.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Not a big Western Fan myself... but I do like "Paint Your Wagon" LOL (Which until recently I didn't realize CLINT EASTWOOD was "pardner" and was the one that did the singing for that part! :eek: )