Sarah Hughes Olympic Photo Gallery | Golden Skate

Sarah Hughes Olympic Photo Gallery

S

SkateFan4Life

Sarah Hughes Olympic Photo Gallery

Here's a link to an abundance of photos taken of Sarah Hughes following her gold medal victory at the 2002 Winter Olympic games -- holding the gold medal, the medal ceremony, the "Fosse" exhibition number, etc. Enjoy --

www.dianesrink.com/sarah/...hotos.html

S

Show 42

Re: Sarah Hughes Olympic Photo Gallery

These are great pictures.......thanks for sharing....:) 42

S

sk8ing lady2001

The pictures are truly beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing the link. :)

T

tharrtell

Nice pics - the one titled Michelle and Sarah claping during finale cracked me up - Sarah looks like a giant standing next to Michelle. Must be some sort of an illusion. I know Sarah's tall, but not that tall (or Michelle's not that short).

L

Ladskater

Great pictures of Sarah. Thanks.

Ladskater

I

Idleracer

[c]<font size=4><font color="#FF0000">I don't know how or why that "clapping" picture came out that way, and it is a bit mysterious. Sarah (5'5) is only three inches taller than Michelle (5'2) and four inches taller than Irina (5'1). For a more accurate representation of their heights, click <a href="http://pro.corbis.com/images/watermark/67/14088347/UP959455.jpg" target="_new">HERE</a>.

S

skatingfan5

"Magic mirrors" photo

Yes, that picture at the SLC exhibitions finale always puzzled me, too.
www.dianesrink.com/sarah/...shmk02.jpg
I still don't know why it appears that Sarah is 5 or 6 inches taller than Michelle. At first I thought it might be because Sarah was standing closer to the camera, but actually, it appears that Michelle is more in the foreground. Several other ideas: Michelle could be leaning forward a bit, rather than standing straight upright (her right leg appears a bit bent and her shoulders a bit forward). Also, the dark background blends in with Michelle's dark hair, which just magnifies the apparent height differential. But I think this picture will probably always be a mystery to me -- maybe Sarah had a 2-3 inch growth spurt in the 24 hours between the ladies final and the exhibition. :eek: :lol:

Final comment: Although Vera Wang has stated that this was one of her favorite dresses for Michelle, I noticed during the broadcast that when Michelle skated the lining and the dress didn't move well together. In this picture it looks like Michelle's "slip" is showing. :lol:

S

SkateFan4Life

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline">IMHO, many of these pictures would make great posters. </span></strong>