BC Introduces Carbon Tax | Golden Skate

BC Introduces Carbon Tax

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
All taxpayers in BC got a government dividend in the mail for $100.00. It is supposed to appease us for the upcoming carbon tax our Provincial Government is imposing on us come July 1st. BC is the only Province in Canada to implement the carbon tax. Our gas is already $1.48.00 a litre and is likely to hit $2.00 per litre soon. They are trying to force us out of our cars. It's ridiculous!!! People in the lower mainland are not going to take public transit no matter what the cost of gas is. It's just another tax grab by our government.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080219/bc_tax_080219/20080219

Oh yea, by 2012 the tax price of 7.24 will be added to our already outrageous gas prices.

I am going to use my $100.00 to put towards my car insurance savings for next year. So much for "going green."

:mad:

jp1andonly

Rinkside
we're moving soon to white rock so we'll be able to drive quickly across the border to fill up. I'll buy my gas way cheaper in the states and it will only cost me some free time. Silly gas taxes...sigh

All taxpayers in BC got a government dividend in the mail for $100.00. It is supposed to appease us for the upcoming carbon tax our Provincial Government is imposing on us come July 1st. BC is the only Province in Canada to implement the carbon tax. Our gas is already $1.48.00 a litre and is likely to hit $2.00 per litre soon. They are trying to force us out of our cars. It's ridiculous!!! People in the lower mainland are not going to take public transit no matter what the cost of gas is. It's just another tax grab by our government.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080219/bc_tax_080219/20080219

Oh yea, by 2012 the tax price of 7.24 will be added to our already outrageous gas prices.

I am going to use my $100.00 to put towards my car insurance savings for next year. So much for "going green."

:mad:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Lad is this as bad as almost $5 a gallon for gas we are paying here in So California?

It's worse. By 2012 the carbon tax will increase by 7.24 % - we are being gouged here in BC by our Provincial government. We are being taxed to death.