New Sasha Journal | Page 2 | Golden Skate

New Sasha Journal

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ChuckM,

Although you have a right to your own opinion, I think we get it. You don't like Sasha. Please respect others who do like Sasha.

Dizzy

You are right: I DO have a right to my opinion. And I don't see how my expressing my opinion is disrespectful to 'others who like Sasha'.

I don't KNOW Sasha, so I can't say that I like or dislike her (as a person). The traits I most admire in a competitive skater are consistency and the ability to skate clean when it counts, so Sasha is obviously not my favorite skater by a long stretch.

From the reviews of SOI this season on this and other boards, it seems as if Sasha hasn't exactly wowed audiences. Maybe you should take the audiences to task for disrespecting Sasha fans. :p

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Maybe she will never officially announce her retirement. Did Michelle?

Apparently, official retirement announcements must be out of fashion -- Michelle has not made such an official announcement, and, AFAIK, Irina Slutskaya also has not made a formal announcement. I don't think the announcements mean much nowadays, since the "pro circuit" doesn't exist anymore.

I don't think any American woman will be making any announcements until much later, anyway. After all, with the media full about the "comeback" of a 41-year old swimmer, I think Sasha (and maybe even Michelle) are beginning to think ".......hmmm..........I'm a lot younger ................"

euterpe

Medalist
Christine Zukowski and Megan Oster have both announced their retirement from competitive skating. Granted, neither one was a worldbeater at the Senior level.

KBell

Rinkside
I don't know anything specific about her cat BUT as a cat owner (or owned by a couple of spoiled cats:love:) I would think that she likely hires a professional agency to come to her house daily to : check the house for insurance purposes, feed cat, clean cat box, water plants, etc.......they are quite affordable and are a good way to manage the 'home' while away.

ITA - I wouldn't worry about the kitty. Sitters are readily available these days, I have one regularly for my 2 and even refer to her as my "Cat Nanny". She keeps a key to my house and my instructions and all I have to do is call and let her know when to check on them and how long I'll be out of town. It's a great arrangement for Cat owners - Cats tend not to enjoy boarding. They are happiest at home.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Apparently, official retirement announcements must be out of fashion -- Michelle has not made such an official announcement, and, AFAIK, Irina Slutskaya also has not made a formal announcement. I don't think the announcements mean much nowadays, since the "pro circuit" doesn't exist anymore.

Well, there is one reason to retire. You can't get into the figure skating halls of fame, either national or international, until 5 years after you retire ...........

............ or die. :eek:

So there is a good reason for a successful skater to formally retire. Those who were less succcessful have less reason for a formal announcement.