Sasha--Swan Lake? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha--Swan Lake?

dmr65

On the Ice
B&S skated also skated Swan Lake, and that was very much their own, not like any others...

I love Swan Lake and think Sasha is a gorgeous skater... I can't wait to see this.. :)

Denise...

Berthes Ghost - How true!:) I think Sasha has finally arrived with all the comments going on about her. It's part of the top tier territory.

But I'm a stickler with opera and ballet music. I don't appreciate imitating these background stories in ice skating - not after seeing the originals done on the stage. However, the music from opera and ballet is fine - just don't become a bird in Swan Lake.

Look at Zhen and Zhao's Turandot. Nothing to do with the opera, but oh, how marvelous they utilized the music.

Joe

Linny

Final Flight
a bit of this a bit of that

When a skater uses a bit of this and a bit of that, they stretch themselves, they develop their skating and they keep the interest of the audience. One time it might be contemporary music with a rocking feel, another time opera. Get my point?

For Sasha, it seems as if she listens to the music of the competitor just in front of her and decides to try it. Then she does the entire program methodically. We never get to see her soul. Surely she has one...

Linny

Look at Zhen and Zhao's Turandot. Nothing to do with the opera, but oh, how marvelous they utilized the music.
So true. IIRC Nessum Dorme goes "OK, nobody goes to sleep tonight until we find out who this rascal is!" Kind of hard to portray in a competitive program.

I also agree with the swan business. Why would the good or the bad swan suddenly decide to jump up and do a triple Lutz?

Still, it's better than killing yourself, like Ann Patrice's Madame Butterfly did last year.

"Not a dressage queen but her horse is." -- Linny
The all-time great signature line!

Mathman

kemy

Rinkside
confirmed...as a new program...assuming SP since that's the rumor, but who knows

rachelstarlet

Rinkside
Skaters who use music that's been used before has never bothered me, but maybe that's because I haven't been following skating as long as some on this board. I have faith that Sasha will come through with an interestingly choreographed program - if this is supposed to finally be "her" season, wouldn't they work super hard on an original program? Does anyone know if Tarasova has choreographed other programs to overused music that have come out looking like copycats?