Janet Lynn | Golden Skate

Janet Lynn

Janet Lynn stressing flow from one movement to the next and use of body but minimum use of arms. That's the way it was, and that's the way it should be No mention of passion which of course just means desire and all skaters are there to win.

Suguri now, as well as Miki and Nobunari with Morozov in Hackensack. not sure, but didn't she leave him before or was that another Russian coach. Anyway she likes being there

Zavosin back with Huffman and dancing for Hungary. when I watched him with Mathews, he seemed so subservient to her. Maybe this old friend and new partner will allow him to take control

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Suguri trained with Vasiliev before, and that really didn't work out. Perhaps it will be better with Morozov.

merrybari

Final Flight

Janet Lynn stressing . . . but minimum use of arms.

Nice to hear opinions and views from a veteran. She was great. However, different strokes for different folks, as they say. Obviously that worked for her - may not be the way others see it. Variety is the spice of life and times they are a-changing.

Thanks for the link. Nice to see her back involved in the sport. She had many spot on observatsions that will serve the upcoming generation well and remind them of what's important.

Last edited:
I think she was getting at muliple use of arms which go up in the air after each element is executed. I agree with that.

When a skater constantly looks for audience reaction by throwing up their hands after each trick, it looks to me like they are saying: Wait till you see me jump over the seventh barrel :scowl: But I understand that it may be just for more points. Different strokes for different folks.