Kimmie Meissner Back On Track | Golden Skate

Kimmie Meissner Back On Track

R.D.

Record Breaker
New Meissner article...basically talks about her move to Florida and her down experiences last season.

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=656

“[2008] Nationals was hard for me but it put everything in perspective,” [Meissner] said. “I had known things were not working in my old situation for some time. There were a lot of personal issues last summer with my former coach and our working relationship changed. I said to myself, ‘I have to make a change.’ But it was hard to deal with that realization initially.”

After nationals I felt so much pressure, I said to myself ‘I have no more time, I have to make a change.’ It was hard for me to make that decision. My parents told me to do ‘what you feel you have to do. You have to decide.’” Two weeks after nationals she made the move.

snip

“I feel very comfortable working with Mr. Callaghan and Todd is here so it has been really fun,” Meissner said. “Todd is so much fun. I don’t see him as coach Todd I see him as a friend. He is so funny, he does all these different voices on the ice and he makes a joke out of anything. If I start getting really frustrated he will say something funny and all the pressure disappears. It is so different for me. It is great, it is so much fun.”

Meissner has made new friends and spends a lot of time in Naples with a buddy who has pets. “I just go over and have an animal fix. She does not mind,” Meissner said with good humor. “I miss my dogs and cats and because I can’t have any here in the apartment my mother and I rent that is the next best thing.”

Let's see if she can make a comeback next season.

Thanks for the link, Dog. I thought she was very forthcoming about the coaching change, without violting her coach's or her own privacy.
“Todd is so much fun. I don’t see him as coach. Todd I see him as a friend. He is so funny, he does all these different voices on the ice and he makes a joke out of anything. If I start getting really frustrated he will say something funny and all the pressure disappears. It is so different for me. It is great, it is so much fun.”
Go Todd! :clap: I think Todd Eldredge has to be one of the nicest guys in the sport. He has the knack for making everyone he meets, including fans, feel like he is really interested in them as a person. Everyone who works with Todd comes away feeling good. :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Kimmie really went through a bad patch emotionally and I am glad she has found the motivation to compete again and that her dark days are behind her.. Wishing her good luck this season.

lcd

Match Penalty
Demarinis5... I thought your choice of picture/image (? whatever... too complicated for me to pull together one) is a beautifully ironic fit for your comments. Recall that Michele's 1997 year was her 'year of struggle' ... one that she pulled out from with tremendous class and success. The testing of character is hard to watch, but I share with you great hopes for both personal satsifaction and competitive success for Kimmie in the coming season. Whether she makes it back on top or not, is not what will define her as a 'champion' in my book... because that, she already is.

Demarinis5... I thought your choice of picture/image (? whatever... too complicated for me to pull together one)...
If you want a an already made avatar, go to UserCP (control panel) at the top left of the page, click on "edit avatar" in the menu on the left, choose "avatar category (men, ladies, etc.), click on the one you want, then click on "Save changes at the bottom. Many of these avatars were compiled from original photographs by professional photographer Antonia Reiter. :rock: (I would give a link to her web page, but commercial links aren't allowed in the Edge. :) )

After you have 100 posts, you can make your own. Just upload any picture you like to the address on the "edit avatar" page. :)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Nice article. I liked hearing that Todd was down there with her. He is a great skater and a marvelous person. I remember he and Tara were best friends when they trained together.

merrybari

Final Flight
Nice upbeat article. It's good to hear she's revitalized and eager. Seems like she made the right move at the right time. :clap:

R.D.

Record Breaker
...but we must wait for results in order to know whether she made the right move or not. ;)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
...but we must wait for results in order to know whether she made the right move or not. ;)
Why????

There were a lot of personal issues last summer with my former coach and our working relationship changed.
When you're dealing with the above quote any change is better than no change at all.

Dee

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
If she was unhappy in her previous position in skating and is happy now that she made the change, then who cares about the results? I rather see Kimmie a happy skater than a high-scoring one. Going to bed at night at feeling content with the people you are working with is more important (in my opinion) than results.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If she was unhappy in her previous position in skating and is happy now that she made the change, then who cares about the results? I rather see Kimmie a happy skater than a high-scoring one. Going to bed at night at feeling content with the people you are working with is more important (in my opinion) than results.
Couldn't agree with you more and very well said. You got the point across that I couldn't. Golly if I only hoped for the best results from my favorite skaters or any of the skaters then I could always be disappointed. I just wish all of them a very good season.

Dee

Linny

Final Flight
Yes and Yes

Yes, I like to know that people are happy. Kimmie deserves a little happiness.

But yes, I'd also like to see results. Otherwise, there's a lot of time and money going down the tubes.

Linny