Tara dissed on E!NewsLive | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Tara dissed on E!NewsLive

IDLERACER

Medalist
I just thought I'd mention that I watched about 10 minutes of 7th Heaven's season premiere last Monday, and it looks like Tara's appearance from the previous season's final episode was merely a guest shot. So she does not, as of yet, have steady non-ice related employment.

Yazmeen

On the Ice
You know, the more "old style Hollywood" that Tara dresses, the better she looks. Forget the Britney look Tara, go for Jane Powell, Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn. The updo is especially flattering to her face. I actually prefer Tara with her hair up rather than down. And I WANT that black dress!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Re: "Is that her underwear sticking out?"
Rgal--As the Fab Five might say, Tara looks like she got a little carried away with her juhzing.

Though I like Mathman's answer that it's just some color accent to the drab shorts.

Of course Tara looks lovely in upswept hair and basic black. Of course I like it. But I like the low riders and belly shirts, too. She's 20 or 21; she's teeny (maybe a bit too teeny); but if she's having fun wearing the mesh tops and micro minis, more power to her.

Idle,
I thought Tara had that soap opera gig? Or was that just temporary?
Rgirl

serenity

On the Ice
I agree that she is too skinny. She must weigh 80lbs right out of the shower. I loved all the pics. They were great.:love:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When she made those two appearances last season on "Seventh Heaven", Tara was hoping for a regular spot. Just because she wasn't in the season premiere doesn't mean for sure that she won't appear in future episodes, but I think it probably isn't a good sign.

I hope Tara has alternate plans in mind for her future other than an acting career.

And I agree that she is much, much too thin. What happened to the toned muscles in her arms and legs? She is almost skeletal.

rtureck

Final Flight
I was hoping Tara will return to 7th Heaven. I think she is a better actress than most of the ladies in that show.

She is slim, but not unhealthy, besides less wt means less burden on her hip.

As an actress, Tara can use her size and her youthful appearance to her advantage. She will be able to play teenaged roles throughout her twenties.

Mathman

euterpe

Medalist
Size and youthful appearance mean NOTHING in the acting business. There are loads of gorgeous young things out there who can play 12-16 year-olds, and who have the talent and legitimate acting credits to bolster their chances.

Just looking young won't help Tara, because her lack of acting talent limits her range to small bit parts and walk-ons. She just doesn't have the ability to portray real teenagers convincingly. Maybe that's partially due to the fact she has never led the life of a 'normal' teenager.

There are so many struggling actors who would love to get the break that Tara got. She comes to acting with no experience before hand, and maybe, just maybe, poppa helped her to get the gig.

Joe

Actors getting parts has never been fair and nepotism is rife in Hollywood. Goldie Hawn-Kate Hudson. Charlie Sheen-Emilio Estevez-Charlie Sheen. Blythe Danner and Bruce Paltrow-Gyneith Paltrow. Kirk Douglas-Michael Douglas. I could go on and on. The way I see it, even if an actor does get a helping hand breaking into the biz, they won't stay long or go very far unless they have the acting chops to keep going on their own. If Tara did get help from her father getting an acting gig, and I don't know that she did, that would be about as far as it goes. Ultimately, Tara will have to succeed in acting on her own.

Whatever happens, I hope she finds something she loves doing and that she is good at. I find it very sad to see a 20-21-year-old who has already lost one career she dearly loved due to injury and at which she was very successful. Even if you never liked her skating, she was World and Olympic champion. I'd like to see Tara enroll in some college courses. As Aristotle said, "Education is the best provision for the journey to old age."
Rgirl

Last edited:

euterpe

Medalist
Kate Hudson, Michael Douglas, Charlie Sheen and Gwyneth Paltrow are all talented actors who have succeeded on their talent, not their parent's help. Tori Spelling is another one who got her 'break' because her dad was the executive producer of the shows she appeared on. Tori could hardly be called a gifted actor (compared to the previously mentioned nepots), but she is nonetheless miles above Tara when it comes to acting talent.

I, too, think Tara should consider getting an education if her acting career doesn't pan out. Instead of clinging to the idea of celebrity, her best move might be self discovery. She may have many more talents than she realizes.

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Rgirl: ITA about college for Tara. I think she'd make a kick-butt marketing/business major. She's always had a talent for marketing herself and I think she could extend that to other people and be a successful sports marketer like Shep Goldberg and others. Tara for the next "Jerry Maguire!!!":)

Lipinskifan19

Rinkside
Joesitz said:
There are so many struggling actors who would love to get the break that Tara got. She comes to acting with no experience before hand, and maybe, just maybe, poppa helped her to get the gig.

Joe

How the hell would her dad be able to help her get roles? What could he possibly do? Doesn't he work for an oil company or something? I just don't understand how he would be able to help her.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Lipinski fan, my first thought when I read your reply was that money talks. I may be wrong. Just what came into my head.

If money talked in terms of getting people into the biz in Hollywood, the Hilton sisters would be in a major motion picture coming soon to a theater near you. Actually, Paris Hilton was in one movie that I know of. Can't recall the name offhand (not a memorable film) and it was a small role, but apparently, the producers liked her.

And Madonna, with all her gajillions, hasn't even been passable in any of her many film acting attempts, with the exception of her first major role in "Desperately Seeking Susan," where she basically played herself.

Yazmeen,
ITA that Tara seems to have the acumen and the personality to be a great sports agent, and we certainly need more women in that field. And as Euterpe said, Tara may find that she has many more talents and interests than she realizes.

Although Euterpe, I think maybe you missed the part of my post where I say:
The way I see it, even if an actor does get a helping hand breaking into the biz, they won't stay long or go very far unless they have the acting chops to keep going on their own.
:)

Although I would like to see Tara go to college, I don't see her "clinging to the idea of celebrity." To me, Tara is pursuing acting, which is something in which she has always expressed an interest. Maybe living in NY rather than LA provides a different perspective because here there are a lot of actors who have made their living doing acting gigs for decades and who have no celebrity at all. I'm sure there are many like that in LA as well, it's just that in LA the glitz and glam of the LA movie scene is emphasized more. IMO, reality will catch up with Tara soon enough, whether she succeeds or fails as an actor. So as long as she's trying to do something she wants, especially since her first love is physically no longer possible, I wish her the best. Actually, I give Tara props for not dwelling on the misfortune of her hip injury and not being able to skate seriously, and moving forward with her life. While I advocate college education, for me it's not the only valuable way to learn. Ever since she came on the figure skating scene up through now, Tara has been getting an education in life few are privvy to. I may not see acting as Tara's calling but if she only succeeds to the level of community theater and is happy with that, it's her life. Though like Yazmeen, I think Tara has a good business sense and if nothing else the tenacity to be sucessful at a lot of things. But if you're successful at something you hate--unless you have another motivation, like you have children and the job pays well--where's the joy of life in that?

To me it seems as if Tara is in a difficult transitional period. It was less than a year ago that Tara reinjured her hip rehearsing for "Ice Wars"; she skated in pain for many years; this past season was her first not with SOI since '98-99; and her whole life up to the reinjury, except for occasional acting gigs, had been figure skating. I think anybody would need time to refocus and adjust under the circumstances. Good luck, Tara!
Rgirl

euterpe

Medalist
It's true that many actors have been in the businessfor many years , just making a living with small parts and commercials, with no celebrity at all.

However, Tara has gotten her acting jobs BECAUSE she is a celebrity. On each one, she got special billing as a "guest star". If she were able to make a successful transition to an acting career, she would be seeking at least featured, if not starring roles.

It is not a knock on Tara that she wants to remain in the spotlight. If you think about it, she has known no other life except that of a celebrity since she was a small child.

euterpe said:
It's true that many actors have been in the businessfor many years , just making a living with small parts and commercials, with no celebrity at all.

However, Tara has gotten her acting jobs BECAUSE she is a celebrity. On each one, she got special billing as a "guest star". If she were able to make a successful transition to an acting career, she would be seeking at least featured, if not starring roles.

It is not a knock on Tara that she wants to remain in the spotlight. If you think about it, she has known no other life except that of a celebrity since she was a small child.
We agree on two out of three and I'd say that's a good note to end at least our discussion on:)
Rgirl

windspirit

On the Ice
euterpe said:
Kate Hudson, Michael Douglas, Charlie Sheen and Gwyneth Paltrow are all talented actors who have succeeded on their talent, not their parent's help.
But their parents helped them get into the business. I very much doubt we'd ever hear of Kate Hudson if it weren't for her family. I mean, she's not a bad actress, but there are tons of much more talented ones. Many of those we'll never hear of because they don't have a known name. But we're going to hear and see many of less talented ones, but with the right connections.