Needing a good cry... | Golden Skate

Needing a good cry...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
A friend of mine and her husband found out a few months ago that their child was going to be born with Omphalocele (I believe that is where the intestines/organs are formed on the outside of the child's body). It is treatable, though it is a danger to the child at birth, but Dan and Casey are very firm on their beliefs and there was no way they were going to end the child's life. They would take each hurdle as it came.

Well, Asher Daniel Chappell was born August 9th and soon after passed away.

Casey used to babysit me on occassion and her family and mine have been close for over 15 years. She's more like an older sister and I've looked up to her for ages and my heart just grieves for her and her hubby as well as their entire families. It's just so unfair, and yet at the same time perhaps it's best this way as Asher would have had a hard road ahead of him.

I just needed an outlet, and for some reason I felt the need to share....

ETA - they posted on their baby blog this morning - http://caseychappell.typepad.com/baby/2008/08/give-thanks-to.html

Last edited:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Toni, sorry to hear of your friends baby passing away. Nothing more heart breaking then losing a child. I hope they are doing ok.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully they will find the strength to make it though.

I don't know if you you know of the Rap Group Run DMC. Well Rev Run...AKA Joseph Simmons....and his wife Justine had a baby and it was reported that the baby died from the same thing. I discussed the death of the baby on his show on MTV Run's House...but they never said on the show that it was that conditition. I think that more people know about this condition because of that.

skamper23

Medalist
I just came arcoss this thread today! Sorry for their loss, I hope they are doing okay!! Losing a baby is the worsed thing ever, it happened in our family too, although it's been 10 years now, my brother and sister-in law lost their baby after just nine days. My husband and I were at the hospital the day he( Jacob) passed and we actually got to hold him...it was the sadded thing ever and I'll never forget it!!! My borther and sister-in law have since had two heathly children! I wish the best for your friends. May they find peace in time.