Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to EI (UI) I go.... | Golden Skate

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to EI (UI) I go....

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well folks, my "stint" at the College is ending on Sept. 26th. I got my "notice" today. I am still on the "on-call" auxilary list, but it's scary not knowing if there will be work coming my way soon. I really loved my position in the Records dept. and will miss it there. Everyone I worked with was great. I may have to make a stop at the unemployment office to tide things over.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Five years, for the College, one year in Records.

mmandel

On the Ice
Wow...that's a long time, by today's standards. What prompted their decision? Were other employees put in the same situation?

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Cutbacks, one whole dept. was axed. As an Auxilary employee I am the "lowest man (woman) on the totem pole."

mmandel

On the Ice
I think you'll be able to find a job easily. Nursing is a booming field. There is such a shortage, one can find a job easily.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Theres no shame in taking EI for a few months to help you out. Good luck in your job hunt!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Lad, I am totally keeping my fingers crossed for you. I know your situation will eventally change...........42

southwest wind

Rinkside
Lad

Change is one of the hardest things to deal with. One thing I found helped when I was in a similar situation was to work on my resume and then my job hunt with someone else in the same situation. And take people up on their offers to help. They are sincere. Friends are important at this time. Good luck. I will be sending positive thoughts in your direction

:)
sww

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Thanks Folks! It's a rough go right now, I need all the encouragement I can get!