Phelps does it! | Golden Skate

Phelps does it!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Congrats 8 times over to Michael Phelps on his 8th Gold medal. He must be so relieved and so happy. What an amazing athlete!
:bow::bow::bow::clap::clap:

Praises to the whole Relay Teams especially Jason Lezak. I do not underestimate what Spitz did either. Babe Ruth's record was broken but his stature remains the same.

Phelps did 5 singles gold. How many did Spitz do?

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Mark Spitz won 4 individual gold medals & 3 relay golds in the '72 Olympics & set World records in all 7.

mskater93

Record Breaker
And Spitz was interviewed in an article on the Yahoo coverage last week and came across very sour grapes over the whole Phelps situation and that he coulda won 8 too, if only...

jennylovskt

Medalist
I am so thrilled for Michael Phelps. Congratulations for him for winning 8 gold medals! What an athlete! He sets an examplary example in many perspectives. His story and his success made me cry. Such an inspiration!:bow::bow::bow:

Do you all realize that:

Michael won 8 medals on the 8th day of the month in the new century 08 Oh those crazy 8's.

Gumdrops

Rinkside
It's amazing to see something like this. Phelps swam unbelievably the whole time and it's awesome to see him get that record haul of golds.

My fave was the relay where Lezak swam down the French guy.

Swimming is over :(, and the Olympics got boring. lol