Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I haven't seen it

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters

Kasey

Medalist
Well, I'm a HUGE Yagudin fan...technically, not his best night...technically, maybe it was Sasha's best night. But Abt definitely did NOT have the expression and intensity...Alexei was NOT his best in that area also...but a halfway there Alexei is generally going to have a bit more fire than a whole other person, lol! Yagudin in a squeaker, in my mind.

Kasey = you raised good rationale for Yags performance. I often do that for La Kwan (die hard fan). But there are times when you have to think of all that competition as a Sport. I think the consensus would be Abt THAT NIGHT. You have to relax with that. I've gone through it with 2 teenage Olys. It's all about THAT NIGHT. No sportsperson wins every contest. You know that from Tennis if not gymnasts. It's a human thing and the best part of it, I continue to be a fan of La Kwan and you can do the same with Yags. In figure skating sport, so much is subjective. How does one evaluate: Intensity; Power; Emotion, etc. they are only in the viewers mind. If they weren't then Meryl Streep would win Oscars every year.

Joe