U.S. TV schedule for 2008-2009 Skating Season | Page 3 | Golden Skate

U.S. TV schedule for 2008-2009 Skating Season

Dyan

On the Ice
Hello Group,
I am a new member of this forum and I have enjoyed reading all of your posts. Like yourself, I am upset that there is so little US televised coverage of international competitions like TEB, COR, COC, GPF, Euros. Is there anything we can do as a group? Maybe we can send letters expressing our dismay over the lack of TV coverage?

....Nan

Hi Nan. I don't post here as often as I should but I feel the same as you. I'm probably one of the few who doesn't really care for the icenetwork setup. To me it just doesn't feel the same as being able to watch on a normal or large sized television screen.

I usually watch some of the key programs on youtube but only until certain programs and competions were aired on ESPN, ABC, NBC etc. Plus like
KayMil01, my internet connection does not work well with icenetwork even if I didn't mind watching the entire season on the computer.

Tonichelle, pointed out that the networks are in business to make $$$ and she's right. That's what the whole turn to broadcasting mainly on icenetwork is all about and it will work. For every person like myself who doesn't want to watch skating on the computer and can't many more don't mind and will in order to see skating. This year there won't be any chances to wait until ESPN broadcasts the event. I've even read posts from people who don't have Oxygen (where some of Worlds will be shown) but are planning on calling their cable provider to get it. More $$$.

Anyway not to spoil the fun but IMO it's just a shame that there is no longer a choice as to how we want to view the skating. Either pay up or miss out.

sar

Rinkside
No Dance or Pairs??

:mad:
I just finished watching Skate America. I am so DISAPPOINTED that there is no coverage of Dance and Pairs!!!

Does anyone know if this is going to happen at all events???

Thanks

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
considering that the next two events set for US TV is US Nationals and Worlds - no, I don't think we'll just be seeing Men and Ladies...

but if you have Universal Sports you get way more than what NBC gives.

Anyone else find it interesting that Tanith is no longer NBC's darling?